News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Considering that you are buying goods in a UK site, it is reasonable to believe that the CC charges an international transaction fee (you buy the stuff in Sterling Pounds instead of Euros, although I wouldn't be surprised if equivalent fees are charged if you buy from, say, a French site. Somehow I don't see more EU integration regulation at the moment in that front).

Last cellphone roaming in Europe is an equivalent problem Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Delivery rates are in-country, inside EU, outside EU with the old absurdity that some locations on the other side of the globe can be in-country (e.g. the Falklands for Britain or Mauritius for France). Not an invention by amazon since the mail and phone companies do the same.

Last Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

I was talking only of Zono's number two. Although I do agree with his number one.

Last no charge for using credit cards on free Kindle books Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

I have also seen opposite trends where meat world shop is more expensive than the same shop's online presence and there are services where paying in cash gets punished with an extra fee. It would be even worse without interference by the state (or the courts respectively) declaring that at least for essential services a discrimination against people without online access or credit cards would be fundamentally unlawful. It has also been declared a right (and duty) to have a bank account with no basic user fees because these days some essential transactions cannot be done on a pure cash basis (an employer cannot be forced to pay an employee in cash for example). If the banks had won that round, a lot of people would have been unable to open or maintain an account because the banks would have refused it because it was not profitable.

Last Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

But haven't you heard that banks are drowning on regulation?

Last think of the Swiss Post

Griffin NoName

Regulation is something I do to my wristwatch. I fail to see what it has to do with banks.

Last Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on October 29, 2012, 03:10:35 AM
But haven't you heard that banks are drowning on regulation?

Last think of the Swiss Post

Yeah, but do not forget that only rich people can become Swiss citizens and that it is just a matter of time before poverty will carry the punishment of losing citizenship.

Last and remember that universal suffrage is still a novelty in parts of Switzerland* Post

*1971 on paper, 27.Nov 1990 de facto in the last canton (enforced by the courts against the popular male vote in April 1990)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Last direct democracy has it's drawbacks Post

Swatopluk

That's why some things are exempted from majority votes in most democracies.

Last significant parts of the Bill of Rights would not pass a 'popular' vote Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Last only the speech that I like should be free ::) Post

Swatopluk

Voting would be for landed white male gentry only. Property rights would be denied to n-words and (most) females, non-Kristians(TM) would be forced to undergo regular indoctrination or would have to leave the country (possible exception: very rich foreigners, if they keep their beliefs to themselves) etc.

Don't say that's exaggerated, it's on the official wish list of some influential people in the US.

Last Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I'm convinced some 'elements' in the right's elite desperately desire to go back to a mixture of the Victorian/cowboy era.

Last but realistically I don't see such regression succeeding Post

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Swatopluk on October 29, 2012, 04:42:22 PM
Voting would be for landed white male gentry only.

And we are defying the :euflag: by not allowing our criminals to vote.

Last Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

The Right might not get that far but they are quite successful (at least in the US) in de fcato limiting the franchise and the access to the courts.
E.g. the banks managed to seize a lot of property after the mortgage crisis by just claiming that the property was mortgaged and forfeit supported only by 'sworn' affidavits. In a number of cases there was not even a mortgage on it let alone a forfeit one but the courts tended to believe the banks not the owner (=>dismissal). It's awfully reminiscent of the feudalisation in the Middle Ages (and RW banana republics).

Last Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

It's always a cat and mouse game where one side is able to cope for a while.

Last and the other to get away with murder Post