News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I'm sure some priests are whores for the church.

Last donating their bodies for donations Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Outer Party in 1984 terms

Last Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

How do you get on those parties?

Last :o Post

Swatopluk

into would be more correct in the context
In the book it has to be assumed that one is born into them with rare exceptions. How the pre-revolutionary people got into them? I guess they were in essence the educated middle class (which remains their function in the system).

As for priestly parties, no idea. I think most priest consume their high % alcohol in private.
As one bishop said: half of them whore, half of them drink and half of them are lazy.

Last Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Last and nowadays close to half of them are gay Post

pieces o nine

Last    I would imagine that male-only or female-only closed clubs have always been an appealing (and socially safer) option throughout history, at least in homophobic cultures    Post
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

Admittedly though, unisex communities tend to encourage homosexual behaviour even in straight people. That's the only kind of 'gay' that can be 'healed' (not an option in the RCC clergy of course).
But the clergy also attracts gays who believe in the doctrine and hope to escape from their 'sinful' leanings by devoting themselves to God.
The fact that it usually does not work that way makes their inner demons even stronger and may in the end totally warp their minds.

Last Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

They should put those feelings in binders.

Last full of women :P Post

Swatopluk

Not sure that bondage (as opposed to masochism in the shape of autoflagellation) is an approved behaviour of clerics.

Last Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Didn't you hear that Romney had binders full of women?

Last :D Post

Swatopluk

Yeah, but the term binders drew a lot of S/M comments too

Last gay boys in bondage Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I'm sure he thinks that's about the Age of Bonds from his portfolio.

Last Mormons must have a different name for polygamist bondage Post

Swatopluk

To get serious for just a moment, I think this unintentionally funny remark by Romney was at that moment just that, a linguistic lapse that could have happened to anyone esp. one prone to them like Mitt. I do not think this lapse said or revealed anything about him. The problem with Mitt at that point was not this lapse but the whole anecdote it was part of.
A) the anecdote turned out to be at best misleading, if not outright false (he did not ask for those binders, he got provided with them by a female advocacy group that had prepared the same lists for his opponent in the race)
B) the whole anecdote was just a means to avoid answering the actual question about equal pay for equal work.
Most corporatists do not oppose the employment of women, a charge not leveled against Romney but the one he choose to 'defend' himself against.
They are opposed to pay them equally because it saves them money, the charge that was (indirectly) leveled against Mitt and that he did not want to deal with.
So, the 'binders full of [audible pause] women' may be funny but concentrating on it misses the real point. Romney chills for his fellow plutocrats (and the mad base of the party), I do not think the remark had sexist intent, not even as a Freudian lapse.
Another example of a soundbyte beating the actual substance.

Last blinders not binders are the problem which is a blunder Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Actually I do think it was a lapsus and that it was quite revealing, more so in the light of the 47% speech in which he mentioned how they (the campaign) wasn't using his wife as much to avoid tiring the public (you have to listen to his tone while he mentions it). Again it may seem unintentional but it does reveal that women for him (including his own wife) are not at the same stature as men, only tools/objects to be used or objectified as workers. That doesn't mean that he doesn't objectify anyone who doesn't belong to his high upbringing (that one I've seen quite a bit, particularly back home where class is a very distinct -and disgusting- factor in social relations), but the fact that similar lapsus haven't happened while referring to men in an equivalent context gives me the idea that he embodies the idiosyncracies of the upper class.

Last he doesn't reveal any empathy and one of his sons recent comments may give anecdotal evidence of the link between genetics and psychopathy Post

Swatopluk

In general I would agree but I think these specific four words (with the audible stumbling before 'women') were an expression of Mitt's general awkwardness (that admittedly flows from his more negative traits). In that way it is imo closer to a Bushism. He is used to mere technocratic speech and runs into trouble once he has to talk personal stuff unprepared. From what I have heard he can talk personal religion in a non-robotic way but that's the one thing he is not allowed to because of the extreme prejudices against Mormonism in parts of the party base. If this language thing was the only problem I'd not have that much of a problem with it (btw, I do not 'get' the regular uproar about Biden's 'gaffes' either. I see them as a case of 'whose heart is full his mouth floweth over' and have yet to spot any offensive intent).
It's Robot-Romney. The problem lies not in Uncanny Valley (although that is a handicap in such a public spotlight job as POTUS) but in the basic moral emptyness behind.

Last drat, I myself reach the limits of my expressive capabilities to describe what I really mean here Post