News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Old Cicero believed that animals were only alive because that way the meat keeps fresh longer. Of course all of nature was there only for the benefit of man. He also believed that animals could feel no pain and that any observation to the contrary was an illusion (likely caused by anthrompomorphizing the critters). No surprise that he was extremly popular with The Church (anima naturaliter Christiana, i.e. had he lived a few generations later he would have been a Christian leader according to the Christian leaders).

Last in a way they preempted Mormon posthumous baptism practices with that one Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Not that long ago certain [very sadistic] individuals thought that torture and slow death to 'witches' was a favor to 'save their souls'.

Last people is very capable of holding very idiotic ideas Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

There were different degrees of burning at the stake ranging from the slow dry wood fire that keeps the victim alive and conscious as long as possible to the deliberately smoky wet wood version that would choke the victim quickly long before the actual roasting starts. For 'mild' cases there was also the bag of gunpowder or strangulation pre-burning. Quite a perverted way of showing humanity no doubt but nonetheless...
But even the smoky version got used for another perverted game of 'justice'. It got observed whether the wind would blow the smoke away from the victim, thus prolonging their agony, or into their face, shortening the process. In the former case it was seen as extra proof of guilt while in the latter it could lead to posthumous rehabilitation and to the self-exculpation that the innocent victim would go straight to heaven ('Kill 'em all. God knows his own' all over again).

Last like the water test: drowning means innocence* Post

*The old Mesopotamians that invented it had it the other way around. The Codex Hammurabbi states that the survivor is proven innocent while the guilty got his or her just punishment by failing the test.

Roland Deschain

Tales of chivalrous knights have the same idea as the Mesopotamians. When two knights fought for honour, the victor obviously had god on his side. The same goes with war, but of course the losing nation would come up with some excuse as to why they lost, which kind of defeated the purpose.

Last but other than lead, what also floats Post.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

That was the logic behind divine rule too, god wouldn't allow a bad king if that wasn't his plan/punishment.

Last nothing like having control over supernatural arguments Post

pieces o nine

Why don't merkan repubs bow in obedience to God's will that their preznit is Obama?

Last   you can't explain that!   Post       ;)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

Well, of course even the devil cannot act without God's permission (cf. Malleus Maleficarum aka The Hammer of Witches).
So, even the Antichrist and his minions (the debate is still open whether Obama is the former or one of the latter) are tools of God whether they know it or not. But good Christians (and esp. Kristians(TM)) are expected to recognize (discerning the spirits) when the big one is at hand and do all they can to fight him. Therefore opposing the current leader of the Demon-rats is not a violation of St.Paul's rule while a ruling GOPster is of course sacrocsanct.

Last and only true Kristians(TM) possess the gift of the discernment of spirits of course Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Curiously enough, the gift is stronger in those supporting corporate or military interests.

Last the accumulation of money has supernatural powers Post

Aggie

Quote from: Swatopluk on April 10, 2012, 08:26:01 AM
Last and only true Kristians(TM) possess the gift of the discernment of spirits of course Post

Last then why the hell do most of them drink Bud Lite ??? Post
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Because they secretly are homoeopaths :mrgreen:

Last under the disguise of homophobia Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Of course! Highly diluted carbonated piss!

Last low in calories Post

Aggie

I just drink soda water...  same thing as 'merkin beer

Last fizzy, cold, no flavour whatsoever Post

If I want a Budweiser, I'll drink the real Czech stuff.  Ditto for Pilsner.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

In the past thin ale made sense since it was about the only affordable safe drink. Wine was expensive and well or river water often contaminated. So people drank lots and lots of beer. The true stuff would have made regular work life close to impossible.
Btw, similar with hashish. Old sorts were suitable only for a modest high and thus not socially disruptive, modern breeds are far stronger.
Thin ale is also the proverbial Puritan drink

Aggie

Well, a small beer is probably my ideal drink, and I'd love to brew something around 2.5 - 3% that was low on alcohol but full of flavour and nutrients.

Last but would prefer that the flavour and colour are not identical to what comes out after a 6-pack, like that yankee swill Post

legal double last-post grab! Fa!
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Last I know this isn't the pub but pass me a decent lager then Post