News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

The horses were there when they arrived but those first American settlers seem to have eaten them all before they moved south to do the same to the giant sloths.

Last Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Or brought the same disease that kill them in Asia/Europe.

Last or a combination of both Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Eating, killing, disease, natural disasters, how come anyone/thing survives?

Last we are all doomed, doomed I say Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

No, I think thsoe stone-age first Americans ate the horses and did not kill them off by bio-warfare

Last cause of extinction for smilodon is disputed Post

Something completely different: Does anyone here (esp. of our Scandinavian siblings) know whether there is an Icelandic edition of Lovecraft stories, Call of Cthulhu in particular?
Or is anyone here well-versed enough in Norse/Icelandic to translate the Cthulhu verses?
I mean
a) "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" - "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
b) That is not dead which can eternal lie / Yet with strange aeons even death may die

Griffin NoName

How about an Hungarian version?

Lastdid you know the Komodo Dragon emigrated from Australia? Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

Last I don't blame it! post.

Swatopluk

The Call of Cthulhu DVD has among many others also Hungarian subtitles*, so that would not be the problem. But Icelandic is not included (Norwegian, Swedish and Welsh are).

*intertitles actually since it's a silent movie (and highly recommended!)

Last HPLHS rules! Post

Scriblerus the Philosophe

It is an ungodly 3:34 PST and I have been awake pretty much continuously since 7am yesterday, except for a two hour doze when I got home. This is entirely my fault, as a I have a paper due in, oh, four and a half hours, which is not all the way written as of yet, and I went to a wicked awesome show instead of staying home to finish. While I regret nothing and function fine off little sleep once I get going, this morning sucks and i fully intend to take a nap in the library. There are many comfy couches on which to do so, all over the building.

Last quasi-whiny post.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Swatopluk

I also tend towards 18-20 hour days these days and that without any pressure.

Last occasional spells of fatigue during the day Post

Aggie

I'm trying to keep it to 14 hours days, maximum, with some degree of success.  My limit is 19 or 20 hour days, but those are fairly rare and take a little obfuscation as they are technically not allowed. I get kind of sketchy when I'm fatigued.

Oh wait... you're talking about waking hours, not working hours, right?  ;)

Last only ever pulled a couple of literal all-nighters as a student - I recommend high doses of high-quality Korean ginseng extract to survive Post
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

The problem is that I naturally would go to sleep at about sunrise but sleeping until noon is not accepted behaviour.

And now for something completely different:
http://www.cakewrecks.com/storage/thumbnails/10710906-14122651-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1315893735344

Last Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Are they standing in inflatable rafts?

Last non canon! Post

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Swatopluk on September 16, 2011, 01:48:20 PM
The problem is that I naturally would go to sleep at about sunrise but sleeping until noon is not accepted behaviour.

That's me too. I suspecct it is quite a common sleep variant, genetically modified to allow for night-time hunting and gathering.

Last never trust green cake Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

I think I inherited that from my father who, now that he is retired, can follow his genes and usually sleeps from 5am to 1pm.

Last Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

And I thought I went to bed late.

Last around midnight Post