News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Last I never liked herrings Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Quote from: Aggie on March 12, 2011, 04:38:08 AM
Quote from: Scriblerus the Philosophe on March 11, 2011, 07:30:48 AM
I'm so happy right now. FREE AND WONDERFUL MUSIC! (if you like electronica...sfaik)

Whut?  Where?!
http://rcrdlbl.com

Last birthday dinner last night was kick ass Post
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Aggie

Thx, any recommendations?   :)

Btw, when we goin' to Shambles?  ;)

Last !!! LAST POST WORD BINGO WINNER !! Post

EDIT: Word to Griffin, not in until announced.

It's an adjective, 7 letters. 
If you don't know your mythology, you might think it's synonymous with 'twiggy'.

WWDDD?

Quote from: Aggie on March 13, 2011, 02:56:02 AM
Thx, any recommendations?   :)

Btw, when we goin' to Shambles?  ;)
What do you ordinarily listen to?

I dunno, when is we?

Last nachos and hard ciiiider omgyes Post
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Aggie

Dunno, I don't know my subgenres.  Fav album for the last year is Mesmerizing the Ultra by Bassnectar.

(missed Bassnectar at Shambles last time)

Last might go this year - Toadfish tent? erm, pavilion - that sounded potentially inappropriate Post
WWDDD?

Aggie

I've heard an Evil Nine Fabriclive disc, I think (it's here somewhere).  Had a bunch given to me, liked the Scratch Perverts, Tayo ones too. 

Will check those out.  Thanks.

Last saw Stanton Warriors last year, that was a good show - won the tix from the college radio station Post
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Nothing to say at the moment, I fear.
So the only purpose of this Post is to be the Last.
Last Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

The word is also associated with owls and orks.  In the latter case you'll find the sty in the pig, not the other way around as is usual.

Last this is a rather dismal word to clue :P Post
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Last what was the old word? Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

S a t u r n i s m - i.e. lead poisoning.   Swato's references to external vs. internal application and toxicity pointed to a heavy metal used as a cosmetic (although I never bothered to figure out what the skin-whitening compound was).  That does not exclude many, but I started with lead and looked for astrological/planetary references.   The berries-by-the-highway bit was reference to tetraethyl lead used in leaded gasoline - many roadsides have or had high soil (and vegetation) concentrations of lead due to the use of leaded gas.

"plumb mad" and "Chinese toys in the attic" were some clues I dropped once I had it sussed.  I'll leave Swato to explain the Green Man carving and the papal reference.

Last dingy Post
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

White lead (lead basic carbonate) is the traditional white paint and was used by mainly women and actors to create the fashionable pale look. In The Picture of Dorain Gray an actress commits suicide by swallowing it.
If you treat the stuff with vinegar (acetic acid) the result should be lead acetate aka lead sugar, a substance used since at least the Roman times to sweeten (failed) wine.
The Merchant of Venice Portia sideplot involves the winning lead casket.
Saturn is traditionally depicted with hourgalss and scythe like Death but wears white or gray and has a long beard. One would prefer to meet Saturn (Old Age) first before meeting Death.

Last Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

The reference to Zono's personal text (Titus Andronicus' pie) as being somewhat related is due to Saturn's reputation for eating his own children:

It's not a helpful clue, really.

Swato, I thought when you were speaking of old men you were referring to popes.  I am still waiting for explanation of the papal clue; Bamberg is more in your neck of the woods than ours.  That one was quite direct, if slightly veiled.  One would have had to recognize the carving, or got tipped off by the capital on Clemency.

Last Post

Clue to current word:  Look for a diving bell inside a pomegranate.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

A lucky resurrection son of something would know about the word, and how to express it visually.

Last tip off to Zono, perhaps? Post

Edited for clue clarity
WWDDD?