News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Fruitcake

Started by Aggie, December 05, 2006, 04:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holiday Fruitcake - Love it or hate it?

Love
5 (62.5%)
Hate
0 (0%)
Occasional non-serious flirting
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Opsa

That does it, Lambi. You get another hug for that remark. And let that be a lesson to you.

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

I'm confused.  What's my lesson supposed to be?

Bluenose

I dunno, either, so I gave you another hug too.  Let that be a lesson to you.

BTW, you mean you don't get a public holiday for our little horse race?  How bozarre!

Sibling Bluenose

P.S. I noticed the typo in bizarre, and was going to fix it then decided I liked the typo better!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Griffin NoName

A little late to the table, but I detest marzipan too.

Re fruit cake, given one is supposed to keep a slice of wedding cake (traditionally iced fruit cake here) to eat when the first baby is born (traditionally not less than nine months later) it seems longevity is crucial.

Other strange habits around cakes, I love rice paper. Anyone else enjoy eating rice paper?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

OH YES!  'Specially the stuff on White Rabbit candies.

*Doot Doot da Doo Doot*
WWDDD?

ivor

Quote from: Sibling Lambicus the Toluous on December 19, 2006, 03:34:15 PM

An anagram for "marzipan" is "Nazi pram"!!!

Could marzipan be an effort to convert our babies to fascism?!   :o

No it's "Nazi ramp."  Don't get off the information-super-autobahn at that exit.  It leads straight to Facistberg.

Bluenose

Lambi, out of curiosity, how did the cake turn out?

Sibling Bluenose
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Whoops!  Forgot to say!

It was great.  A big hit, and the best fruitcake I've ever had.

It was also the heaviest fruitcake I've ever had.  :-)

Opsa

Ahh, that reminds me, I had the greatest rum-balls at a party this past holiday. Gotta find the recipe for you guys.

Bluenose

That's great Lambi.  Yes, the cake certainly is heavy, but then I have always found that the best fruitcakes are.  Glad you liked it!

Ops, yes please!  :yar:

Sibling Bluenose