News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Inconsistancy

Started by Sibling Kephra (Tansy), November 13, 2006, 06:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

Okay, I work at a pub where there's alot of televisions.  We generally put them onto music stations for entertainment.
Have we seen the video for The Pussycat Doll's 'I don't need a man'?  The one where they're dolling themselves up in lingerie, shaving their legs, bouncing around their jigglies, and posing all sexy?
Rant!  I don't know about you, but if *I* was singing a song about not needing a man *I'd* be sitting around with my girlfriends in my fuzzy Pooh Bear jammies eating a pint of ice cream.
Insanity takes it's toll; please have correct change.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Perhaps the song is in the nature of Shakesphere's "Methinks he doth protest too much"  :)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

The Meromorph

I am reminded of a good friend of mine's lengthy and educational soliloquy to 'the rest of us' about the special joys of a woman-who-likes-you in fuzzy pyjamas... *nostalgic sigh*
I've never been the same since (and it was about 40 years ago). :D :P
Dances with Motorcycles.

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: Sibling Kephra (Tansy) on November 13, 2006, 06:06:56 AM

Rant!  I don't know about you, but if *I* was singing a song about not needing a man *I'd* be sitting around with my girlfriends in my fuzzy Pooh Bear jammies eating a pint of ice cream.

My three best friends since college and I have our flannel nightgowns (with matching bloomers) in a lovely blue-with-fluffy-sheep-and-clouds motif that were made for Michelle's Divorce Party. (We'd been her bridesmaids, we were there for the Final Disposition as well. Mark HATED that.) Her MIL (Mark's Mom) made the matching outfits, just like she'd made the bridesmaids dresses. (Interesting divorce. Michelle got "custody" of his family, basically.)

We've worn them for every gathering since. (Michelle's second divorce, Gail's third and fourt divorces, Laurel's Dad's funeral, Gail's daughter's funeral and several reunions, weddings, etc.)

Even when we were younger, shaving legs and putting on yer fancy unders would have gotten you tossed into the tub with a radio and a hairdryer...

Fer cryin' out loud, you're supposed to be able to have those conversations with a minimum of "fluffy girl"-ness and a maximum of chocolate!!

(It's very satisfying to be in a relationship with a man who can look at a catalogue ad for fancy lingere and say "So why would you spend that kind of money for something that's going to  end up on the floor? It can't be comfortable, and that lace has gotta itch.")
This sig area under construction.

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

Yep, you're a lucky gal.  :)
Pat him on the head for me. 

Vita Curator

Quote from: Sibling Kephra (Tansy) on November 13, 2006, 06:06:56 AM
Okay, I work at a pub where there's alot of televisions.  We generally put them onto music stations for entertainment.
Have we seen the video for The Pussycat Doll's 'I don't need a man'?  The one where they're dolling themselves up in lingerie, shaving their legs, bouncing around their jigglies, and posing all sexy?

Hear, hear Tansy!  I have fuzzy flannel ones, and I'd be curled up with a good book and peanut M+M's or Hershey Kisses or Hershey Bars with almonds, or all three!   :D 

PS:  What do you expect from a group that sings "Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me!"   :smite:
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

Silly girls...  A *real* man wants a hottie in slippers with 'Jon Bon Jovi' hair at 6am who still gets his engine revved.  ;)

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Kephra (Tansy) on November 16, 2006, 04:04:56 AM
Silly girls...  A *real* man wants a hottie in slippers with 'Jon Bon Jovi' hair at 6am who still gets his engine revved.  ;)

Or, to quote the movie Coming To America:

"But Father.  I want a woman who stimulates my intellect as well as my loins."

An old proverb, from an old man to a young man:

Don't marry for looks.  Eventually, her looks will fade, and your eyesight will too.  Looks don't last.

Don't marry for sex.  When you're both very old, either you won't have the energy, the inclination or the desire for it all that much--if at all.

Don't marry for conversation.  When you get old, your ears will go, and you won't be able to understand each other anyway.

Don't marry for shared activities.  When you get older, your activity level changes, eventually all you really want is a nice nap in the afternoon, shortly after your morning nap.

Marry a good cook:  you have to eat until the day you die.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

Uhhhhmmmmm...

I now understand the dynamics of my relationship. :o

;)
This sig area under construction.

Bluenose

OTOH, if you're the cook, marry someone who likes your cooking!  I did, and it seems to work...

Sibling Bluenose
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Aggie

And if you're both cooks, make sure you specialize in different cusines. Prevents conflict, and is more interesting at dinnertime.
WWDDD?

The Meromorph

Or you can marry someone who can't cook (made me one meal with canned potatoes, and the second time volunteered to make a bacon sammich, and then had to ask me how  :D), but wants to learn, and teach her how. Then watch her fly! Now she's a family legend. :D   
I'm only allowed to do specials...
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

...or marry someone who likes eating so much he doesn't care what you cook.

I'm not much of a cook, but my hub will do the happy food dance for a frozen pizza. He's not picky, bless his heart. If he was, he'd have split long ago.

I'll tell you what, though... I can work those footed fleece jammies, if ya kow what I mean... wink wink!!!!

"Go Opas, go Opas, it's yer bedtime, get sleepy..."
:taz:

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

Oh Opas!  You're my new hero.  :)

Vita Curator

Quote from: Opsanus tau on November 25, 2006, 03:18:52 PM
...or
I'll tell you what, though... I can work those footed fleece jammies, if ya kow what I mean... wink wink!!!!

"Go Opas, go Opas, it's yer bedtime, get sleepy..."
:taz:

Oh girl, you go with those fleece footsie jammies, hubba, hubba.  You and Tansy are both my heroes!
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.