News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Missed TV episodes

Started by Griffin NoName, December 10, 2012, 04:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

My recorder messed up the recording of the final ever last episode of The Closer - episode 21, series 7. "The Last Word".

(US TV)

Disaster.

amazon.com do a single episode viewing. It's limited to US only which is really frustrating.

there are millions, zillions of TV download/view sites but working out which are safe is beyond me....

anyone know of a similar service to amazon.com's that services the UK with US TV episodes?

(amazon.co.uk have LoveFilm, could get free trial, but not too appealing, definitely don't want a monthly service - it's basically film rental, not like amazon.com's instant access).
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Griffin NoName

Ok, I can now reply to my own post.

The last episode of The Closer ever, can be viewed via BlinkBox which is a  company owned by Tesco's at

http://www.blinkbox.com/TV/Series/645/The-Closer

for £1.99

BlinkBox is great as you can rent series or just buy episodes...... ie. it is like amazon.com and all completely legal.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Glad that's all sorted.  I really hate to miss a crucial part of a favorite series. 

:)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

I now have a BlinkBox account. Watched it earlier tonight. Although it is the last episode ever, they appear to have left it open to have the same main character in a new show as she has moved to a new job!!

The viewing was good. watched it on my laptop. Better display/buffering than BBC iPlayer etc. wouldn't want to be paying for lots of missed episodes of stuff, but when it is something imporrtant.............. I feel good knowing that BlinkBox will be there for me!!! :giggle:
Psychic Hotline Host

nefyuBB

Missed  a lot of walking dead and Dr who .

pieces o nine

Nefyoo: oi'm not *sayin* that oi nose ware thee missin DW heppisodes arrrgh fer this 'emisfear, but oi'm not sayin that oi duzzint, neither. If ye pm's me, oi *myghte* be able t'point ye twarrrghds a websoight wif thee hanser t'yer DW prayers, loike.\

:k9-affirmative:
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

nefyuBB

Quote from: pieces o nine on December 11, 2012, 06:59:34 PM
Nefyoo: oi'm not *sayin* that oi nose ware thee missin DW heppisodes arrrgh fer this 'emisfear, but oi'm not sayin that oi duzzint, neither. If ye pm's me, oi *myghte* be able t'point ye twarrrghds a websoight wif thee hanser t'yer DW prayers, loike.\

Fank ye ye wellkum , but not at thee moment , ye seas ... oys juss this wee phone to warrch et .

:k9-affirmative:

edited for correcting misplaced {quote}