News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Your pet (& pictures) thread

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), February 07, 2007, 09:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Oh he is a sweet guy, don't get me wrong, the thing is that he is sweet if he likes you, both my son and I haven't had any problem with him (BTW, the vet said that it was very probably a he), but my wife got his wild side, and also a nurse at the vet had a clear warning to stay away while the other nurse got on his good side.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

He's cute! How did your neighbor catch him?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

He didn't, the bird flew to his shoulder. More pics:

Aggie

Probably a male owner then, by the patterns of friendliness and aggression?
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Possibly although it makes me wonder who was telling him "cotorra" or "la cotorra"* rather than a name. I would expect a talker to know his own name**, which makes me think that perhaps he spent more time (on the window?) with someone who wasn't his owner.

*the generic for a small parrot.
**unless I'm not understanding it, he mumbles different things that I haven't been able to decipher yet.

Aggie

Hmm...  are these guys naturalized in Florida?  I was thinking that he might be a released former pet rather than a lost bird; your suggestion fits that theory.
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Those guys are VERY naturalized in FL, in fact according to a page about invasive species in the U of F site, there are an estimated 100K feral monks in the state. As a side note there is no biological impact so far, they haven't displaced the locals because the live in urban areas and their biggest enemy is Florida Power & Light because they make their nests in electrical transformers and towers.
--
That's the other reason I know he is tame, he doesn't fly as well as my 'tiels and in theory he could've joined one of the flocks that occasionally fly by. 

He may have been released, but OTOH he is very keen of doors and already flew to the apartment one at some point when I was trying to place him on a cage. He doesn't like being alone, and he didn't seem particularly fond of the (relatively small) cage he was placed in. Yesterday we got a larger one (~4 times the volume) that we already considered for the 'tiels for those cold days when we're not at home, as they live in the balcony where they have a fair amount of space. So now at least he wont be as constrained.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Update: The owner called two days ago and came to pick him up. The lady is Hispanic and came with her daughter. I'll miss the guy even if he made my 'tiels antsy.

pieces o nine

Dom thee Danger Catte is spending thee night at thee Veterinarrrrghian.

It looks like a rapid-onset abscess was to blame, but I was worried that he wasn't waiting for me when I arrived home, and horrified to not find him anywhere until he suddenly appeared behind me, almost unable to lift his head, one eyelid drooping, with what appeared to be a large, bleeding bite taken from his neck!

[He was not in any fights, I can't find anything that he might have scratched himself on, his teeth & gums are healthy.] The vet called to say that he's coming around from the anesthesia and I can bring him home tomorrow morning.

I was sad this weekend that I had to cancel my initial plans to go to the Reason Rally. As I was running with him to V (very good with pet emergencies) one of the thoughts zipping through my mind was, "I'm really glad I'm not in Washington DC right now!"
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

goat starer

----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Griffin NoName

OoooooOoooo! Dippi is like a teddy bear with the wrong sort of ears.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Darlica

awwww.  :)

I think one could use that pic as a definition of cute!
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Opsa

He (or she) is adorable! I loves da bunnehs!