News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

It's not just paranoia................

Started by Griffin NoName, May 16, 2014, 04:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

I just found my PayPal account has all the addresses that I have in my Amazon account. I am completely spooked.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

It's okay.  I put them in there for you...

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Your HSBC account is safe (your RBS one OTOH...)  ;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

PayPal is a subsidiary of eBay and it isn't a valid form of payment in Amazon, so that seems odd, the obvious question is if you don't recall entering the info in PayPal.

ivor

Griffin NoName

I'm too scared to phone them.

The only address i've entered in PayPal is mine.

It's possible they log the delivery address entered on a site when a site gives the option of paying by PayPal, but the addresses ares ones I've only ever used Amazon for.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

The possible things are foreign cookie reading (low level) or a common corporate partner sharing information (high level).

In both cases they may be trying to subvert your privacy in the name of convenience, and not in a necessarily nefarious* way.

*There is no reason for the NSA or GCHQ to redflag this communication.  ;) :P :mrgreen: