News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Tee Hee Apple NOT perfect <evil green>

Started by Griffin NoName, March 10, 2013, 02:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

The only Apple product I own is an iPod Touch. I admit I like it but no more than I like my Android phone. Not really sure why I got it instead of another mp3 player. Had it a number of years now. I also have a Logic3 i-station 22 - external dock and speaker system for the iPod.

Recently the remote control (only way to operate it) for the i-station started not working - some buttons did, but most didn't. I later noticed my iPod internal speaakers had stopped working.

Searching I found the answer on apple community forum. It is a fault..........tee hee. So the next person who tells me apple are totally reliable will get shot down in flames.  :skullXbones:   :deadhorse:   :fuelfire:

Anyway, the answer is to go to Settings->General->Sounds and turn the volume down to zero, then turn it back up again.

Internal speakers then work, and....... amazingly, and somewhat inexplicably.... so does the i-station 22 remote.

:yippee:  :tosspc:  :greenwhor:   :caveman:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Until recently I did not know iPod's had internal speakers as I had only ever seen them used with headphones :ROFL:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My son tells me he deletes "sent from my iPad" from his emails to me so that I remain calm.  ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Darlica

Ummm. Does anybody really think apple is perfect?
Oh, sorry I forgot "The believers"... ;)

We recently had reports in media about iPhones 4 units where the battery has swelled destroying the phone and in one case exploded the phone and melted it in to a book shelf...
Apparently that is completely in order according to apple, who's representative (on earth) says that when a battery is about 2 years old it is worn out, and instead of leaking battery fluid the battery will swell containing the fluid as a safety measure.
The owners (who BTW never was told this could happen once the iPhones reached the mature age of 2 years) should just be happy and buy a new phone, there are no warranties or other repayment/replacement plans covering this as it is a designed safety feature...

:headbang: :duh:

My son tells me he deletes "sent from my iPad" from his emails to me so that I remain calm.  Grin
This one do know you pretty well and have a sense of humour about it. ;) :P
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Darlica on March 10, 2013, 10:32:48 AM
Ummm. Does anybody really think apple is perfect?
Oh, sorry I forgot "The believers"... ;)

..........according to apple, who's representative (on earth) says that .............

My b-i-law spreads the Gospel.................

Quote from: Darlica on March 10, 2013, 10:32:48 AM
My son tells me he deletes "sent from my iPad" from his emails to me so that I remain calm.  Grin
This one do know you pretty well and have a sense of humour about it. ;) :P

Yes. He knows I am prone to (apparently) insane acts of madness :mrgreen: He makes me laugh at myself.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Well....nothing created my mortal humans is perfect, right?

:D

And certainly the examples we are assured were created my immortal-perfection are far from ideal a well...

:ROFL:
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bluenose

I never have got the idea of portable electronic devices with batteries that cannot be replaced.  Who thinks that is a good thing?  Batteries have a know life span, much less than the usual life span of a piece of electronics.  Frankly I am surprised they haven't been sued for this.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Bluenose on March 11, 2013, 09:21:11 PM
I never have got the idea of portable electronic devices with batteries that cannot be replaced.  Who thinks that is a good thing? 

The manufacturer, assuming they have g-dlike power and devoted followers who will buy another one from them when the battery fails.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Or charge an outrageous amount of money to change the battery (which is what they used to do, dunno if they still do so).  ::)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

It does open the door for clever people to create an industry refurbishing these by the simple expedient of replacing a dead battery... it's not all that hard to do, and batteries that will fit are readily available.

:)

Griffin NoName

It is hard if you have a skin/case stuck to the unit :mrgreen:
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

Ayuh, I resisted for a very long time buying an MP3 player with an integrated battery.  The little Sandisk player I finally bought is at least cheap enough to warrant letting go of at such time as the battery decides to call it quits, and will probably pay itself off in battery costs over that period (I've tried rechargeable AA/AAAs many times before, but haven't been convinced that they work well enough or last long enough to justify the costs compared to cheap recyclable alkalines).

Planned obsolescence... bleargh.
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on March 13, 2013, 02:21:30 PM
More like planned profit.

Of course.  In any system of capitalism, the only way to have repeat customers, is for the item in question to be consumed or for it to break. 

Since lithium-polymer batteries are quite toxic, eating an iPod is rather out of the question:  dead customers seldom purchase things a second time.

::)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Depending on how long it takes for the customer to die, cigarettes are a prime example of this.

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on March 14, 2013, 02:37:25 AM
Depending on how long it takes for the customer to die, cigarettes are a prime example of this.

True.  But the toxicity in question [for cigarettes] is slow, whereas with the batteries, it is swift and occasionally explosive.

Too swift to permit the customer to purchase the advanced replacement product.

Griffin NoName

Actually eating cigarettes makes one pretty unpleasantly ill......... ;)
Psychic Hotline Host