News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pip Pip, Tally Ho - Talk Like a Land Lubber

Started by DaveL, March 07, 2008, 11:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Meromorph

One understands that they have to be unwashed to get the correct yeast that ferments them into wine, which is used to make the brandy. At least that's what my butler remarked when he reported you comments during m' morning ablutions.

Yet another beneficial use for the Great Unwashed, doncherknow?
Dances with Motorcycles.

DaveL

I do love a good butler in the peer brandy.  You need an awfully big glass though *chortle* *chortle*
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Opsa

*titter, snort* What if we simply choose a veddy tiny butler?

Lord Mero! I haven't seen you since they made you Viceroy of whatever that darling little place was called.

The Meromorph

Yersss. Charmin' little place. The lodgin's are a little small, and I can't understand what the blighters are saying, though. Deucedly inconvenient, what? Lots of elephant's around, too...
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

Perfect! Perhaps you can locate us a butler small enough to fit into a glass of brandy. Teheeehee, ahem... oh dear, I never can tell when a joke is over. Confound it. Really puts a crimp in my bustle, as they say.

Oooh, elephants, eh? Anyone Lord Pachy might know? He's veddy well connected, I hear.

Pachyderm

Been made a Viceroy? Congratulations, old chap, signal honour, dontcher know. Whereabouts is it? One may well know a bod or two there, do try to keep an ear to the ground, that sort of thing....

Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

pieces o nine

Lud! 'Ear to the ground' indeed, Lord Pachy!

Heartiest congratulations on your elevation to Viceroymanship, m'Lord! You'll bring some much needed style to that set, eh what.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Opsa

I should hope so. Maybe we can send them down some fashion magazines, eh Lady Pieces? Give them some sort of clue as to what's going on in the cosmopolitan world. Good heavens- we'd probably get some sort of award for that sort of charity. Write it off on our taxes and the like.

DaveL

Goodness gracious, Taxes? What are they?

I do believe my serfs get charged these to fund my vast estate and hunting grounds, but I am dismayed to hear privileged circle being inconvenienced by such matters.

I shall contact Justice Postlethwaite-Barnes III immediately!
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Pachyderm

Ai thought taxes were what the great unwashed called a Hansom cab?

Bluenose

Oh, Lord Pachy, your knowledge of these things amazes me.  I had always thought taxes were those little thingies that workmen used when repairing the upholstery.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Pachyderm

You may well be correct, Milord Blue, the oiks do have such a limited vocabulary, after all. Only room fer so many words in the limited cranium space after all, may well need to re-use some of 'em, what!

Bluenose

Ah, yes, that must be it!  Once again Lord Pachy your towering intellect shines through!

I say, all this heavy duty thinking certainly does give one a thirst, eh what?  What say we have a couple of brandys?
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Pachyderm

What a capital idea! I just happen to have a selection of exquisite snifters in me pockets. Who would like one?

Bluenose

By golly!  What a handy thing... Ai would certainly like to have a pocket like that!  It would match my pocket with this large bottle of brandy in it I seem to have picked up somewhere...