News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Boney Fish's Stuff

Started by ivor, January 05, 2007, 12:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivor

I'm a chunky 250 now on a mere 8000 calories a day.  :(

Bluenose

Well if it show and tell time about weight I tip the scales at around 135Kg, which is close enough to 300 lbs.  I am 183 cm or 6' tall.  Am currently losing weight on a restricted carb, low fat diet that seems to be working well and I am not having too much trouble sticking to.  Christmas/New Year aside ;).  This seems to be the first "diet" that I have ever tried that seems to work beyond the first few weeks and I am actually ejoying the food I am eating and there seems to be plenty of it.  I put the word diet in quotes because this is really just a different way of eating/living and is not a get thin quick fix.  I fully expect it to take a year or more to get anywhere near my target.

People who have never been over weight and make all sorts of value judgements about those of us who do really get my goat up.  Actually, that's a good idea, I'll PM Goat Starer and sic him onto the the next person who tries it! :D

Chatty, I don't care what you look like, I love you for your mind!  (In a Platonic way you understand, of course!)  Frankly, appearance has never been a major factor in how I feel about other people.  Sure, someone who is very attractive in the physical sense can give an immediate spark, but I have found that those intial reactions pretty soon dissipate in a very short time once you start to talk to them.  It is the person behind the pretty eyes (or not so pretty) that is what gets me going.  Even in my "sow the wild oats" days, I always preferred someone I could have a ocnversation with in the morning!  Isn't that shocking?

Sibling Bluenose

Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

The Meromorph

It's the smart-asses that pontificate about 'to lose weight you simply have to consume less calories than you are expending', that really annoy me.
It's simply, and absolutely, not true!
I don't know how human weight 'works', but I know 'couch potatoes' who take virtually no exercise, eat more than I would like to (and I love to eat), and stay at about 100 pounds for years and years (and no, they're not bulimic). I've (finally) dropped from about 260 to under 230 and continue to drop slowly, by ignoring the 'trained dieticians' and eating almost exactly what they tell me I musn't. I'm in serious trouble, real fast, if I eat what they tell me to. I know 300 pound (and up) people who eat very little (a lot less than I do), exercise regularly and are getting fatter.

Exercise is important for some people, yes; for some others it doesn't make any difference!
How much you eat is important for some people, yes; for some others it doesn't make any difference!
What you eat is important for some people, yes; for some others only the 'opposite' foods work well; for some others, it doesn't make any difference!
I've learned to be gentle with 'registered dieticians', they're only retailing what they've been trained in, but their training is like learning a section of I95 in North Carolina, and then giving people directions all over the USA.
[/rant]
Perhaps I should have used either of these images to protest MB's post about posting unwrapped. It would have been less insensitive (but I did want to 'punish' MB for doing that to my brain by giving him a taste of his own medicine)
Dances with Motorcycles.

ivor

I've got a moon tan you wouldn't believe.  You better stop before I break out the Neutron Picture Bomb.  ;D