News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Daily Telegraph

Started by Griffin NoName, June 05, 2007, 02:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

My environmental harmony is being seriously undermined by The Daily Telegraph website.

It blinks at me continuously (which is not merely irritating but I suspect falls foul of the Disability Rights stuff relating to web content design blaaady de blaaa).

It achieves this by converting the cursor - wherever it be - to the "busy/wait/processing/go-away-til-I-change-back-to-a-pointer" hourglass icon and then quickly converting it back to a normal cursor pointy shape again continually.

Not only does this cause me visual distress, it raises fears that The Daily Telegraph may have annexed my PC  ::) for some terrible right-wing conspiratorial purposes. And I dread to think what effect it might have if I didn't have a normal pointy/hourglass cursor but chose some other option...... I might see galloping dinosaurs

This might seem a petty matter to some, but we have one amongst us who likes to direct our attention to this website.

Where is Goat when one needs him?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Strange, it doesn't do that for me (XP/IE7).

Are you sure you haven't made the classic mistake of having one's butler iron the screen? One only does that with the paper newspaper.

I doubt you'd see galloping dinosaurs anyway. More likely subliminal flashes of the Blessed Margaret or Norman Tebbit.

Now I've scared myself.
The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

2000/IE6

Perhaps I am mistaking the hour glass for plump butler with a girly waste measurement doing handstand flips.

The Blessed Margaret and Norman Tebbit have both been a bit too promonent recently. In fact, there's a lot wheeling out from the Old Politicians Club just now.

Now I am more scared.

Of course, you are a reader. That might explain a lot. We need more evidence.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand