News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Secret, Nutjob of the Week

Started by DaveL, May 17, 2007, 12:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveL

Oh this is just hilarious. If Oprah endorses it, it must be good.

It's wonderful to think that we can have whatever we want in the world. But harnessing the power of the universe...awww c'mon...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_%282006_film%29

Here is a wonderful spoof of The Secret by Chaser's War on Everything, which screens on our local ABC. It's very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q__fc7NKwlY

;D ;D ;D
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

The Black Spot

Pfffft...

Donald Sutherland had this technique nailed in "Kelly's Heroes". Positive vibes, man.

goat starer

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Aggie

What the Bleep is this about?  ;D

And it smells...  hmm...  do I detect a whiff of watered-down brimstone? 
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sounds like a re-hash of the Silva method.

"...I am everyday better, better and better..."
::) ::) ::)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

Oh, the Chaser's War segment is brilliant!
Laughed my head off. Especially "You ought to believe it back!" advice he gives to the guy he's stealing from.

I think that there's some good to positive thinking. People tend to respond better to positive expression than to negative.

I think, though, that if you waste the Universe's time asking for vain material items, it will start seeing you as a drain and stick a plug in you!

Griffin NoName

I laughed right through, but, yes, especially at the "You ought to believe it back".

The Big Downside to all this stuff is when you get cancer all those really really nice friends who endlessly suggest alternative treatments also tell you you asked for the cancer.......  believe it !!!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

I love the way that article has the Guardian trying to associate the Conservatives with it. Could have sworn it was Labour in trouble with the law for asking and receiving.

I've found The Little Book of Complete Bollocks a useful alternative philosophy.
It's important to follow the advice exactly though. Before reaching out and learning to love your household appliances, turn the power off, for example.

The angels have the phone box

Opsa

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on May 18, 2007, 07:53:58 AM
I've found The Little Book of Complete Bollocks a useful alternative philosophy.

I have several copies of that !  Best to have one in every room.

I also find Therapist in a Box handy.  ::)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

I rather liked the look of the "Extreme Ironing" book too.

Think I should sack my valet and take it up?

The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

Definitely. It's got to be better than the treadmill computer desk ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

Y'know....  I was just thinking about this Secret stuff, and I can say it does seem to work for the lottery.  I am currently beating the odds on Payday (playing $2/week; it's a new game so I've decided to start from the first draw and consistently play), which are approximately 1:6 of winning any prize, and about (but unfortunately not exactly) 1:1,000,000 for the big prize.

I firmly believe that I won't win the lottery, and so far I've gone 0:8.  Chalk one up for the Law of Repulsion!  I bought a 10 draw ticket today, so we'll see if I can extend that to 0:18. :P

My fiancee OTOH, believes she is lucky, and is probably running a net gain against the lottos (only plays occasionally).  She's bought only two draws on the same date on this game, and she's gone 1:2 (a whopping $2 prize).   ::)
WWDDD?

DaveL

Don't forget to use the liquid paper and add a few 000,000's, just like that dude David Schirmer did.

Your winning check will be in the mail in no time  ;D :o ;D :o
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Opsa

I firmly believe that they will write one to each of us, as well, by mistake.