News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What are you eating?

Started by Scriblerus the Philosophe, October 05, 2006, 02:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

Roast chicken and potatoes, with green beans.
This sig area under construction.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Half a pear and a small cup of coffee.  ;D
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Chatty

Cinnamon.

3T of powdered cinnamon, 1T of powdered sugar. mix, lick finger and stick into powder.

I like cinnamon. Sometimes I add some nutmeg or cloves.

Aggie

Powdered.... strange.  I like the sticks better.

Pomegranite, after sausages an' smashed taters an' Russel sprouts. 

I have odd veg in the fridge... brussels sprouts and okra and tomatillos.  Don't even know what to do with tomatillos, but they were cheaper than tomatoes.
WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

Best thing to do with tomatillos??

Clean and  dice, get a bunch of cilantro, some onion, garlic, a squeeze of lemon or lime juice and a couple of seeded fresh jalapenos. Mebbe some sea salt, mebbe not...

Run it all through a food processor or blender OR you can cook it all together and THEN process it. (It depends on which taste you like better, the cooked or raw...)

I like to mix it in sour cream to use as a dip, or used the cooked version over enchiladas...

Also good with green chilis and pork and onions/garlic, cooked up in a green chili stew.

Aggie

Will try.  Thanks for the tips....

Eating a cactus pear.  Not sure how to deal with the all the seeds...  the dragonfruit seedlings are already up and about, but these guys are being stubborn.  I don't compost, so I plant kitchen scraps.  The mango and the grapes are the star performers, but I've also got kumquat and longan plants, and some baby dragonfruit cactus.  The ginger needs to be moved out of the grape vine pot and into the sun, but the Thai basil should be rooting out soon... hope it'll do OK overwinter. I already ate the original batch I bought (cut), rooted the stems, planted it outside, and got a pot of pesto out of the summer growth.  I'm rooting out those stems... perpetual basil!
WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

Eating another one of my kitchen-wandering-about creations.

Started off as pork, cubed, browned and cooked with rice, garlic and onions. Added black beans, chopped black olives, a little jarred salsa/peppers and some assorted leftover bits of cheese--was going to add broth and make soup, but it was good as it was so it was a casserole instead.

Meat, plus beans and rice and cheese! Yay for high protien foods!! (If I do not keep my protien levels and magnesium levels up, I will be force-fed some sort of protien supplement and given magnesium IV.) If i'm so dang malnourished, WHY am I also so fat??

Sibling Chatty

Eating Chocolate Truffle Birthday Cake.

Yum. Cake.

The Meromorph

Dances with Motorcycles.

DeadPoet

Espresso. I'm too lazy to go and buy some food  ::) ..

Swatopluk

A steel mug of black tea and two (was heißt nochmal Brötchen auf Englisch?) selfbaked buns (doesn't really describe it, too soft )with bacon.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Chatty

Aggie

Going for Dim Sum soon... then a hike to counteract the Dim Sum.  Going with my sister, so the tripe and chicken's feet aren't likely to be part of the menu today.
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

One of my guilty pleasures: pressure cooker dulce de leche (take a can of condensed milk, put it on a pressure cooker for 30 min) let it cool a bit and enjoy  :D ).
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling Spoffish

Mmm... Haigh's chocolate pastilles... mmmmmmm....

All those of you who have never tried Haigh's, I pity you. It is unimaginably good.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
That way, when you DO criticize him, you are a mile away, and have his shoes.