News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What are you wearing?

Started by Swatopluk, August 24, 2007, 09:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Jeans and a double face t-shirt.

The activity got me warm and I took off the shirt.  :P
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Pachyderm

3 pairs of socks, two pairs of tracky bottoms, T-shirt, fleece rugby shirt, all topped off with the huge dressing gown of snuggly warmth. Guess who was working outside today...
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

A delightful dark pink nightdress with satin ribbons and satin straps. No  idea why as usually I just wear track suit type stuff or shorts and strappy T. And no one is visiting, so there's only me to appreciate it.

I have just bought, so will be wearing, a fabullous pair of dark, dark, black velveteen leggings, tight, and good to stroke. I shall wear them with cowboy boots.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

My old Iceland tshirt with my personal motto from Havamál on the front and the Icelandic flag on the back.
But it's so washed out that it is barely visible.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

My regular office wear, polo shirt, tabs and sandals. Isn't it nice to work for a non-for-profit in Miami?  :D

Opsa

Yes! And hey, those leggin's sound awesome, Grif!

Dark purple ("Start Wearin' Purple" has been playing in me head) streaky swirly patterned jersey shirt and black jeans. Shoeless! (I'm a not-for-profit, too.)

Aggie

Flannel shirt and jeans, at the moment.  It's a bit chilly today.

I get to wear what amounts to comfortable pajamas at work (cook gear), and stand around a roaring fire or 10. ;)
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Same as usual. White tshirt, cotton socks, blue jeans.

Opsa

Navy blue hoodie and jeans. Am I blue?

pieces o nine

jeans, teal t-shirt
and a quite startling self-inflicted manicure of teal-to-chromium oxide green gradiant

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Opsa

Sounds wicked!

Today I am adorned in a very crunchy turquoise gauze tunic with what appears to be tiny metal bolts sewn onto it about the collar. Rather odd, but I like it. I got it in a thrift shop. Jeans on the southern regions.

Swatopluk

pieces o nine

I am resurrecting this thread and giving it a possible new direction:

[youtube=425,350]aCdHz_27twU[/youtube]

I saw this last night and laughed, also at a couple comments (vehement religious disagreement not going then). (You guys all know about the Onion, right?) Slightly cleaned up:
Quote"This is just wrong, we all know you only go to funerals in a batman costume, iron man is for job interviews and weddings."

"This is ridiculous. Everyone knows that if you are going to a wedding you need to be classy, like Thor. Ironman is a horrible costume for a job interview given the character's propensity for irresponsibility, it sends the wrong message to the interviewer. Ironman is only acceptable if you are being interviewed by the NSA."

So I'm thinking, Person 1 is right about Batman for funerals. Person 2 is right about Thor for weddings, but still wrong about Ironman! Spiderman is for job interviews, to show your willingness to do a great deal with very few resources, and to take on huge responsibilities with no personal glory, right?

What do you dujes think is the correct social application for your favorite [superhero] costume?
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I guess it depends on the job, I'm sure The Flash may claim that he will do everything faster than anyone else, and Green Lantern can claim to be a miracle worker.

The only recommendation would be NOT to 'dress' like Dr. Manhattan.  ;)