News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The strangest thing I [past tense verb] today was....

Started by Outis the Unready, September 25, 2006, 07:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Meromorph

Or, perhaps, delayed perception facility initiation on startup?  ;D
Dances with Motorcycles.

Aggie

Quote from: goat starer on January 18, 2007, 03:37:43 PM
do you have a very small deodorant or a very large chapstick?

Quote from: The Meromorph (Quasimodo) on January 18, 2007, 03:50:17 PM
Or, perhaps, delayed perception facility initiation on startup?  ;D

I have no excuse either way.  I had been up for about an hour and a half already, showered, fed and tea'd (I'm a slow startup person), and both are normal size and shape.  It was more like this:

Brain: Need chapstick and deodorant.  LA LA LA LA LA!!                                                                   

Hand: There's one; brain not available, apply without consulting brain further.

Armpit:  Wait, that's too small to be pitstick... AHHH!  IT BURNS!

My brain often wanders away if I'm not keeping a close eye on it. 
WWDDD?

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Oh my.

I think I've made it clear that I live in an area with mild tempteratures, and the weather's been weird lately.
It got weirder.
Ice, when it forms, which is rare, is gone by ten o'clock, tops. Not today! I came home at 3:45pm and nearly slipped in some. Ice thick enough that walking on it didn't break it. Very strange!
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Chatty

The strangest thing I did today was fire my doctor and threaten to fire an entire pharmacy...
This sig area under construction.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on January 19, 2007, 06:31:10 AM
The strangest thing I did today was fire my doctor and threaten to fire an entire pharmacy...
To do that you fire your doctor (already on fire) in the general direction of the pharmacy. Remember your math (parabolic shot) and consider the wind.
:daz:
-----------
The strangest thing I did today was to lend a cooler with ice to one of my neighbors after she asked me to put some of her stuff on my fridge because hers is broken.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

The strangest thing I did yesterday was to handle a wild snake in my living room.

I was going out to check the mailbox and carelessly kicked aside what looked like a shoelace sticking out from my by-the-door shoes... until I remembered that they were clogs!

Turns out I had kicked a small snake, maybe a foot long, grey with brown star-like patches. I put a glass bowl over him so I could check my reptile book to make sure he wasn't poisonous, but ID'd him as a baby black rat snake (nonpoisonous and actually good at mouse-hunting). Took me a bit to get up the nerve, but I finally picked him up behind the head and along his little smooth snake body and carried him outside. I put him in some leaves, where he sat for a minute until he felt safe, then slithered off into the leaves.

I imagined that he was thinking: "Ha! Fooled them!"

Aggie

The strangest thing I did this week was take water samples at -22 C.  Or wore snowshoes to work....
WWDDD?

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

The strangest thing I did yesterday was stop traffic for geese.  Here's the story:

I looked out my window to see two Canada geese walking across my lawn with five little yellow newly-hatched goslings in tow.

I called my wife over, and we both watched them as they walked off our lawn, onto our little street and towards the high-speed thoroughfare near our house.  My wife and I stopped traffic on the main road while the geese walked across.

Finally, they crossed the road and made it to the little pond they were heading for.

The hatchlings were very cute.  The little ones were shorter than the curb, so it took several tries for them to jump up.  My wife took pictures; if we can get them off her phone, hopefully I'll be able to post them here.

Sibling Chatty

This sig area under construction.

Aggie

Heh, we found a family with very young goslings on a (large) second-story sitting area of a building downtown this weekend (along the Plus 15 ). 

We have urban Canada geese and beavers here, and jackrabbits. ;D
WWDDD?

Yeah, we've got plenty of animals around here.  We see deer quite a bit (often in farmers' fields - I'm sure they LOVE that :) ), and we also have a few swans, plenty of geese and ducks, some sandpipers, and lots of rabbits.

And something that decapitates rabbits - I suspect foxes.

Edit: Aggie, when I first saw the Plus 15, I thought it was strange that Calgary would put its underground path on the second story.   ;D

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Lambicus the Toluous on May 08, 2007, 01:43:49 PM
Edit: Aggie, when I first saw the Plus 15, I thought it was strange that Calgary would put its underground path on the second story.   ;D

Heh, but our subway is at street level!
WWDDD?

Yeah, it's like you don't want to be troglodytes or something.  Strange.

;D

beagle

Quote from: Agujjim on May 08, 2007, 06:58:51 AMWe have urban Canada geese and beavers here, and jackrabbits. ;D

Going into London by train 20 years ago you'd often see foxes in the wasteland by the tracks pretty near the centre. And the occasional commuter who'd turned savage after waiting two years for the 07:15 to London Bridge.
The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand