News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The strangest thing I [past tense verb] today was....

Started by Outis the Unready, September 25, 2006, 07:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on November 29, 2006, 12:53:53 AM
I was sitting on the porch today, watching the squirrels play on the steps and in the yard. There were several groups of two or three, and they were having a huge squirrelathon all over. I'd been sitting very still, and suddenly, one scurried up the steps and into my lap (high spot = vantage point from which to watch other squirrlies) and sat scoping out the scene.

Suddenly, he turned, looked into my face and froze for a few seconds. He then sort of headbutted me (like they do when they're really playing with one another) and took off again. It was almost surreal.

Sometimes, I think that animals are attuned to some level that we mere humans cannot perceive.

Or, perhaps, being "all growed up" we no longer are able to perceive it  ::) as some very young people sometimes seem to be attuned as well as animals.

Of course, there are some adults that seem to have perceptions beyond the pale-- I'm thinking of the mystics or Tibetan monks who have remarkable physical abilities.

But, animals sometimes appear to have kept that ethereal touch.  Maybe it's a function of just living in one constant "now".  No yesterday, no tomorrow-- just one, constant "now".

xxxxx

Anyway, it could be that squirrel sensed you wouldn't really do it any harm, at just that moment.  Who knows?

Cool story any way it happened.  :D
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

The coda to that little tale...

Spencer smelled squirrely on me when he got in my lap. He sniffed for 20 minutes. When I took those clothes off and put them in the laundry basket, he dragged them out and lay on them and rolled around and pawed at them to try and cover the scent of squirrel that had been on Mommy. He kept coming over to sniff me to make sure there was no residual scent.

He's been very vocal about his displeasure with the squirrels...
This sig area under construction.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on December 02, 2006, 04:40:55 AM
The coda to that little tale...

Spencer smelled squirrely on me when he got in my lap. He sniffed for 20 minutes. When I took those clothes off and put them in the laundry basket, he dragged them out and lay on them and rolled around and pawed at them to try and cover the scent of squirrel that had been on Mommy. He kept coming over to sniff me to make sure there was no residual scent.

He's been very vocal about his displeasure with the squirrels...

Dogs are VERY protective of their pack-- especially the ALPHA member!  ;D
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

The strangest thing I've done lately was buy myrrh (two days ago).

Yesterday I burned some of it.... I don't know if what I bought was of good quality or not, but the smell left something to be desired.  Unless you like the smell of hot glue (y'know the hot glue guns with the little sticks of glue... like that).

I think I'll try frankincense instead, next time.
WWDDD?

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Ugh. I'd only use that in VERY small doeses. That stuff is powerful. I had to attend a Vespers mass on Sunday, and my coat STILL smells like it, and I'm still coughing it out. NOT good for asthmatics, and it can make you nauseated.

I stole salsa from someone in class.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

The strangest thing I've done today is get semi-high off my chair.

I got a new wheelie desk chair.  It came all wrapped up in plastic - when I took the wrapping off, it started off-gassing something fierce.

I'm sure it can't be good for me, but I'm too buzzed to care.   ;D

BTW - I think the second-weirdest thing I did today was use the word "off-gassing" when describing a chair.

Aggie

Oh, my work chair does that all the time.... but I think it's from the on-gassing I give it.

Does drinking Wiser's on the rocks out of my coffee mug at work count as weird?  It's the boss's Wiser's....
WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

Does the boss mind?

And don't chair and drive, Lambi. Have a soft landing!

Aggie

WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

Duje, i'm reminding you that you're supposed to be writing reports so you can get outta there.

You tol' us to remind you... ;D

Aggie

Almost done... ish.

Anyways, almost outta here.  Just assembling PDFs.
WWDDD?

Aggie

The strangest thing I did today was find out I may have a (possibly) up-and-coming pop starlet for a second cousin:

http://www.miakulba.com/home.asp

QuoteOn the song placement side of life, the years not over yet and 18 year old Mia has already had songs placed in Falcon Beach (Magazine Blue), Queer as Folk (Lemon and Lime), CTV television series the Eleventh Hour (Love Songs). Her song 'Just Like January' will be released by Canadian Idol winner, Melissa O'Neil on her debut album in November.

Still need to do some inquiries within the family to see if she's who I think she is (Dad's cousin's daughter???).  Weird. ???

Nice name-pun, though.  ;)
WWDDD?

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Neat!  My second cousin is Ronald McDonald.  Really.

No relation to the clown, though, and he had the name before the restaurant chain took it.

Aggie

The stupidest thing I've done so far today......

I was getting ready to leave the house this morning, but needed a quick application of deodorant and a bit 'o chapstick for the dry lips on the way out.  I absentmindedly grabbed the first stick I found, and started applying it to the wrong body part.

I'm glad that the first stick I found was the chapstick, but my left armpit is still burning/freezing from the peppermint oil in it.  :P
WWDDD?

goat starer

do you have a very small deodorant or a very large chapstick?
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"