News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The strangest thing I [past tense verb] today was....

Started by Outis the Unready, September 25, 2006, 07:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

It's a yeastie.  ;D

More specifically, it's Brettanomyces, though I don't know if it's Brettanomyces Lambicus or not.

I also think it looks a bit like a cross between a seal and a manatee.

Opsa

Well, it (your avatar) is just the cutest, strangest thing I've seen all day. I believe we could create a similar look by putting the pudgey arm of a Cabbage Patch kid doll, pudgey hand out, about elbow-deep, around the corner behind a mirror wall. Don't you?

Hmm... I can see that.  Especially if you throw in some weird mood lighting.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Indeed.

Played with electricity and fish protien in Bioengineering.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Outis the Unready

The strangest thing I woke up today was the sound of three chainsaws starting at once as the three tree companies on my block right now waited for 7am- the earliest they can turn them on without being fined.
I can't eat anything, because I'm out of butter.

where is the butter?
I can't live without butter.
Please pass the butter.

Kat, do we need to organize a butter air drop for you?
  I know you can't live without butter.
;D

Sibling Chatty

Kat needs an emergency cow...one of our locals had his herd brought to barns and weaned his calves early during the multi-hurricane refugee season with Katrina/Rita in order to provide milk for the folks that were at the County Convention Center and in campers and tents. His grandkids started calling that part of his herd...the ones that became dairy cows out of necessity...the emergency cows.

Then, of course, she'll need a churn. ;)
This sig area under construction.

Outis the Unready

You can roll the cream in a jar to churn it...and my bread machine has a butter churning setting.

We got butter. We were O-Kay.

where is the butter?
I can't live without butter.
Please pass the butter.

Sibling Chatty

And now i'm thinking seriously about setting up with the local dairy to pick up milk and cream regularly. (Pasturized, not homoginized, so I can take the extra cream off the milk as well.)

Hmmm, must Google electric churns...

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

The strangest thing I saw was from my friend Sara...  I just *loves* her... 
'cuz life can be a little too serious at times.  Can't have that.  ;P

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama.php
Insanity takes it's toll; please have correct change.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

This short film is worth waiting for, to watch fully.

Kiwi Short

Warning! It can make you a bit misty-eyed ...
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

I threw sticky balls at a dart-style target on the whiteboard in my bio engineering class. Got a few on, and nailed the Hamlet poster about three feet above the target. >.<
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Chatty

I was sitting on the porch today, watching the squirrels play on the steps and in the yard. There were several groups of two or three, and they were having a huge squirrelathon all over. I'd been sitting very still, and suddenly, one scurried up the steps and into my lap (high spot = vantage point from which to watch other squirrlies) and sat scoping out the scene.

Suddenly, he turned, looked into my face and froze for a few seconds. He then sort of headbutted me (like they do when they're really playing with one another) and took off again. It was almost surreal.

That is too cool!

My school and lab is being featured on a documentary for Japanese public TV.

Sibling Chatty

That's neat. the Japanese have such an exacting school system that any interest in what your school is doing leads me to think they're pretty advanced!!

My mystical thing with nature continued today. The leaves are falling a LOT now, and I was watching the peach tree lose leaves of bright yellow, no red/brown/orange. Suddenly it looked as though some of the leaves were flying upward!! As the leaves themselves continued down, I realized that it was bright yellow butterflies, scores of them, flying through the area. They fluttered along, stopping on trees, lawns, porch rails, clothesline poles and sleeping dogs and cats, then fluttered on. There may have been as many as a hundred of them, all traveling in one large area, then vanishing.

Nature is amazing.