News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The strangest thing I [past tense verb] today was....

Started by Outis the Unready, September 25, 2006, 07:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outis the Unready

[make sure it's true!]

The strangest thing I read today was a typical Nigerian scam mail, only the person had changed the part where Mr. Nabungabunga was killed by rebels to Steve Irwin and a stingray.

But they mail was almost completely unchanged otherwise.... down to Mrs. Irwin encouraging me to send her my bank account number before the stingrays and the government of Australia hunted her down.

This is a sick, sad world.

where is the butter?
I can't live without butter.
Please pass the butter.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Well, I haven't done much strange things today, aprt from being able to wake up after three hours of sleep, but that's almost not strange.

Anyway, maybe what could be cosidered as a strange event in my life were three models (female) in my car today. That's something that doesn't happen every day.
But I should probably explain it, I was asked by my father, who s organizing a fashion show for some kind of his business partner, to help him pick eight models from the airport and bring them to the hotel...
Ok, it's not very strange when you put it that way, but come on, three models in a car with me!!! And I wasn't hallucinating...

(I just had to tell someone here... Sorry...) :P

KAt, as for the scam mail... The world really is sick... :(

I'm back..

Outis the Unready

where is the butter?
Please pass the butter.

beagle

...and did his father accept the explanation of why it took three hours to drive 10 miles.
The angels have the phone box

Sibling Chatty

The strangest thing I ATE today was some black olive and bacon spread/dip on a Nacho Cheese Dorito, because I ran out of crackers... :o SPICY Doritos.
This sig area under construction.

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

The strangest thing I experienced today was dealing with a crazy lady.  She came into work, ordered steak, ate like 2 bites and asked me to pack the rest to go.  She paid her bill and said (no joke!)  "I didn't tip you but that's not because of you.  It's because of *them*!  If they just left me alone, you'd get a tip."  While she pointed at EMTPTY AIR.  Then we got a call from the front desk about her saying that she was being harassed in the pub by 'hooligans'.  There was nobody in there....
And I get to do it 5 more days this week.
Insanity takes it's toll; please have correct change.

ivor

There could have been extra-dimensional hooligans there.  ;D

NeferKa the Bodhipasta

The strangest thing I ate today was Vermonty Python ice cream. My husband bought it for me as a surprise, and there are chocolate cows in it!

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Quote from: Tansy on September 26, 2006, 03:59:43 AM
She paid her bill and said (no joke!)  "I didn't tip you but that's not because of you.  It's because of *them*!  If they just left me alone, you'd get a tip."  While she pointed at EMTPTY AIR.  Then we got a call from the front desk about her saying that she was being harassed in the pub by 'hooligans'.  There was nobody in there....
I didn't do anything strange today, but that reminds me of when I sold electronics downtown (I took a year off between high school and university to work).

A guy came in looking to buy a mini stereo system.  I showed him a few and he settled on a Sony.  All through our conversation, he seemed normal.  I rang the sale through, he paid, picked up his new stereo and went to leave.  I noticed that he left his receipt on the counter, so I pointed it out to him.  He said, "Oh... I don't want it."

I told him, "you should hold onto it in case you want to return it, or if you have to make a warranty claim."

He said, "yeah... I know... but I don't want to have to take care of all the little people in the ink."  He looked completely serious.

"What?"

He put the stereo down, picked up the receipt and pointed to all the zeros and 'O's.  "Look - see?  There's one, and there's one, and another one...  ooo...  ooo...  ooooo........ ah, f*** 'em."  And then he stuffed the receipt in his pocket, picked up his stereo and walked out.

Outis the Unready

The strangest thing I ate today was leftover ostrich burgers.

where is the butter?
Please pass the butter.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Quote from: Kat on September 25, 2006, 07:53:21 PM
Are you SURE you were not hallucinating?
I'm very sure... And I had the opportunity to show them the city after the show this afternoon (there were six of the with me, not only three this time)... I'm getting used to hanging out with models... ;)

Anyway, I have figured out a very strange thing today... I realized that I have been sober for more than 12 hours...

I'm back..

Outis the Unready

I will have been sober for 12 hours in about 30 minutes.

My migraine drugs are addictive. If the migraine can be cured with cheap scotch, that's the way I go.

The strangest thing I got in the mail today was Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, the 25th anniversary edition.

where is the butter?
Please pass the butter.

Opsa

Sibling Outis, have you tried to treat migraine with feverfew? It works for me, and is not addictive, but a little bit tricky to use.

The strangest thing I did today was read all these strange things you guys did. I gotta get out more...

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

The strangest thing I ate today was either a hamburger patty on toast for breakfast, or a grilled rice cheese sandwich for lunch.

Both are fairly odd, now that I think about it.

Opsa

The strangest thing I've seen today is that avatar of yours, good Lambi. What the heck is it? A sea squirt? A cloud shaped like a zepplin? Some kind of protozoan? It's fascinating.