News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Weird stuff I like...

Started by Bluenose, December 13, 2006, 04:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrochild87

*ressurrects the thread*

i have to eat all small candy (m-n-m's, skittles,gummy bears etc*
in sets of even like 2 or 4........ and they have to be color sorted... if i have a odd one out.. i make someone eat the odd one...

and i have no clue at all where i got it from  ;)

Griffin NoName

I too have a marked preference for even numbers. I wonder how common this is?

If there is a table (or similar) in a room, and I walk round one side of it to reach the other side of the room, I have a compulsion to walk back around the same side.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

Quote from: anthrochild87 on November 12, 2008, 09:37:17 AM
*ressurrects the thread*

i have to eat all small candy (m-n-m's, skittles,gummy bears etc*
in sets of even like 2 or 4........ and they have to be color sorted... if i have a odd one out.. i make someone eat the odd one...

and i have no clue at all where i got it from  ;)

My maternal grandfather taught me that!   :D

It started with shelled peanuts at their farm kitchen table, gradually working up to M&Ms and Easter jelly beans. He pointed out that a single peanut, M or jelly would be lonely on its way to the stomach and needed a 'friend' to go along on the journey.

I also color-sort M&Ms (or jelly beans), but that's my own innovation. I consume them 2x2 (from the largest down) so that all colors end up with the same number. If there are 'friendless' Ms or jellies left over, however, I will eat them anyway...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I like all my socks folded neatly and pointing the same way in my sock drawer.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I like all my books aligned 2" back from the front edge of the shelves, categorized neatly by subject matter and alphabetized by author's last name (with the exception of series, which are in publishing order).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
FWIW: I do not watch "Monk" on tv...     :mrgreen:
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Aggie

For candies where color is not related to taste (Smarties are the classic example) I color-group, then tend to even numbers out (very small groups get wiped out immediately to keep things even).  After that I will either pick away evenly at colors or eat an entire color group. Similar to Po9 I think.

When taste is a factor, I save the best for last.

Otherwise, I am extremely disorganized. :mrgreen:
WWDDD?

anthrochild87

;D

Exactly- and i like all my movies organized mytitle- and if they are series- they are organized like that too...

and my herbs- don't even get me started on that- if anything gets moved- i have no clue where it is at all!

Opsa

I too like to arrange my sweets in color/flavor categories and eat them in order of preference. I like to make sure that all categories are even by the last swing-through.

I also like the silly things at Archie McPhee.

anthrochild87

lol- i have a friend who is addicted to Bacon- and i think i just found his gifts for the next two years!!!

pieces o nine

I worked for a company that printed their catalog for awhile. I always enjoyed checking their files!

excellent product!
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Agujjim on November 13, 2008, 02:54:46 AM
For candies where color is not related to taste (Smarties are the classic example)..............

:o  you really can't taste the difference ?

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Quote from: anthrochild87 on November 13, 2008, 06:59:56 AM
and my herbs- don't even get me started on that- if anything gets moved- i have no clue where it is at all!

I don't have filing systems, I have piling systems. :D

As long as something is in the right place (generically a "pile", although with medicinal herbs it's a plastic bin) I can search and find it quickly no matter how many objects I need to sort through*.  If it wanders off, I will futilely keep checking "proper" locations to the point of madness. If it's somewhere unexpected, I sometimes cannot find it even if I look in the unexpected place, because I don't expect to find it there (may take 3 or 4 tries to locate it. Seriously, I have 'lost' keys in my pockets before while working - winter coveralls + pants = 8 pockets to check - and found them only on the fourth systematic check of all pockets, simply because they weren't in one of the 4 pockets I considered most likely).

I have an amazing memory for natural foodsources...  I can lead you to the exact location of many, many berry bushes, asparagus patches, and mushroom-picking sites, including ones I've only visited a single time.  OTOH, any small household object I handle and then put down, unless I place it consciously in a designated storage location, INSTANTLY disappears. Weirdly, things that I hide in a consciously chosen, logically-associated "safe" spot are gone for good if it is not the usual location.

I think maybe I was a squirrel in a previous incarnation. :P

*also works for reading; give me a closed book and I can find the line I stopped reading at within seconds, no matter how large the book or small the print. Bookmarks are decorative but useless annoying objects that get in my way.

Quote from: Griffin NoName on November 14, 2008, 02:13:44 AM
Quote from: Agujjim on November 13, 2008, 02:54:46 AM
For candies where color is not related to taste (Smarties are the classic example)..............

:o  you really can't taste the difference ?

I iz not a martian child.... but am trying to remember if there are any artificial coloring agents I can taste.  Probably not, although natural agents sometimes have a subtle flavour...  (mmmm, carmine).
WWDDD?