News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What does your desk look like?

Started by Darlica, February 05, 2014, 02:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Would that be something like a paid survey?
---
Ok, I'm adding my home office desk, which is incredibly cluttered but was a disaster zone just a few hours ago.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

Did you pretty it up just for us?

Looks like a productive working space to me.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I had to clean it up, and way past due to do so. Now the challenge is to keep it clean. :-\
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

Good luck with that. Mine does not stay tidy for long. Maybe I should put a vase of tulips on it, as Darlica does, to shame myself into keeping it nice.

Darlica

The tulips are now replaced by a lovely white and purple potted Phalaenopsis Orchid L that gave me. :) Very pretty.

The desk isn't so pretty, it needs a clean-up. :P
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Lindorm

Quote from: Darlica on March 07, 2014, 09:26:39 PM

The desk isn't so pretty, it needs a clean-up. :P

I say we take off and nuke the desk from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Actually, perhaps we both ought to get up and step away from our computers and do something constructive today?  ;)
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

roystonoboogie

My other, less interesting desk. I spend a lot of time out on visits and at meetings. I come back to the office, people have put stuff on my desk. Not always sure why - my boss' leadership style is to take on a piece of work, put the funding in the bank, and hand the piece of paper that describes the piece of work to whoever he wanders past. If he can't find anyone, he'll just leave it on my desk.

Swatopluk

OK, here at last is mine. It has seen both more chaotic and more ordered states.
It's six feet by three feet.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x97/Swatopluk/DSCI01492_zps362f9ac1.jpg
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Why have you got a little bowl of vomit on your desk?

Best view I could get of my "desk". Difficult when backed up against a bed head !

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Quote from: Griffin NoName on March 10, 2014, 04:01:47 AM
Why have you got a little bowl of vomit on your desk?

That's crisps not emits ;)

Opsa

Roy, your business desk is very neat and clean. How can you possibly get anything done?  ;) (Hmm, I guess your description of your boss' work deflection answers that.)

Swato- I thought it was some kind of baked apple dessert. Apfel strudel? Is that racist or something?

Griffin, I suppose it must be difficult trying to get a shot from your position, but it's still interesting.

I think it's kinda cool to now have a picture of what other Toadfish environs. I can picture you typing to us from there.

Swatopluk

Quote from: Opsa on March 11, 2014, 01:08:26 PM
Swato- I thought it was some kind of baked apple dessert. Apfel strudel? Is that racist or something?

Do you take me for an Austrian? :fit: :fit: :fit:

Opsa

No! Not that!

Now that I know they are crisps, I take you for a Frenchman.  ;)

Lindorm

Quote from: Swatopluk on March 11, 2014, 01:14:14 PM

Isn't that a Mozartkugel behind the computer screen? And I bet that stereo is playing something by Franz Lehar...  ;)
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Swatopluk

Quote from: Opsa on March 11, 2014, 01:29:34 PM
No! Not that!

Now that I know they are crisps, I take you for a Frenchman.  ;)

as weak sauce as that crisps brand is you may do so.
The strong stuff is out at the moment and I will not likely get new before the end of the month.

Quote from: Lindorm on March 11, 2014, 01:53:33 PM
Quote from: Swatopluk on March 11, 2014, 01:14:14 PM

Isn't that a Mozartkugel behind the computer screen? And I bet that stereo is playing something by Franz Lehar...  ;)

I cannot see anything even remotely looking like that. I hate the filling of these in any case.
And Mozart was neither an Austrian nor a German. Salzburg was an independent country at the time.
I think the last thing I played on that ancient audio device was an early Russian opera.

Btw, crisps are iirc a Belgian invention