News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What does your desk look like?

Started by Darlica, February 05, 2014, 02:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Quote from: Lindorm on February 15, 2014, 10:48:47 AM
Here´s my desk at work.

On the left, you can see the hi-vis hedgehog Darlica made for me when I took up my current position.

The background picture on the monitor is the coat of arms for the local municipiality that we collaborate with here in Stockholm and rent our local offcies from. Their wonky IT system also means that I have to keep everything important on my computer desktop, otherwise it risks getting lost in their network servers.

The book on the right is  Fahrdynamik des schienenverkehrs, a german text book on the physics of railway operations. There's nothing like handing out photocopies of four pages of equations and tables in german to the eager-beaver trainees to make them realize that, no, they don't have to learn everything about how brake force is calculated right now.  ;)

The blue label on my desktop computer says "Dare to refuse Facebook" in Swedish. The thing leaning in the window is a cab signal display from some very old rolling stock from the Stockholm metro.

On the left is a stack of paper a k a my bad conscience -documentation from a course for minder drivers that I held a while ago and really ought to have processed by now, but haven't done so. Well, if they have been laying about for so long, another week won't hurt.

That looks like the desk of a productive person.  :)

(I especially like the "Dare to Refuse facebook" message, but don't tell anyone... they may not "like" me!  :P )

This is cool, seeing these workshops!

Lindorm

At the moment, I do long for the days when my desk looked like this:

Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

OK, I have a picture I can share, my office desk (because my home office is simply FUBAR):
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

Ooh, I love the cheerful green fruit art.

Lindorm

One keyboard for the left hand, one for the right hand, and a centrally mounted one to bang your head against!   ;)
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Aggie

There must be a pair of glasses nearby... multiple monitors are hard on the eye, in my experience. 

:thumbsup: to daring to refuse Facebook, Lindorm. I'm running a privateering campaign against those blaggarts, and winning.   :mrgreen:

@Darlica...  it's not so much that the table's a mess, but that I don't feel like it's much of a 'home' in desk terms.  I more frequently use my laptop on my lap in the living room.  I haven't had much of a presence at home this year, just sleeping and occasionally eating. The household is in the middle of an upheaval, so it does have to do with my current situation, I suppose, but I'd rather get it back to a 'me' desk instead of a temporary squat.  At that point I'm happy to show my clutter.

....also can't be arsed to haul out the camera and upload a photo at the moment.  ;)
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

My bed is my desk. Sounds like your lap is your desk. So photo your lap!!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Eeeeeek! *Fanning self*

If your laptop has a camera, have it take a selfie in the mirror!

Aggie

The term "selfie" still sounds strange to me.  Too much like "quickie" for my tastes...  :o

I've never figured out how to use the camera on the laptop (used to skype a little on the old machine, I guess).  I'm always tempted to put a piece of tape over the camera like I used to do.
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

And while you're at it a bit of styrofoam and tape to the microphone...
--
The whole thing would be funny if it weren't so disturbingly true.  >:(

Opsa

Eh, I just figure that I couldn't possibly be that interesting.  :P

Aggie

Depends on if you use the forum unwrapped or not, I suppose....  ;)
WWDDD?

Opsa

Hey- I didn't know I had become unwrapped when I was using it that time.

Unglued, maybe...

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Unwrap yourself, no one is watching (except the NSA...).  :P 8)

Griffin NoName

Talking of unwrapped, I just watched a documentary about webcam girls. Apologies to anyone here who is hooked on them, but they seem completely ridiculous. Mind you...... at £3:50 a minute, I am tempted.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand