News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What does your desk look like?

Started by Darlica, February 05, 2014, 02:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darlica

What does your desk or other place where you sit by your computer and write posts here looks like?

At another forum I used to visit we played a little game "show your desktop", one took a print screen of the computer desktop and posted it. It was rather fun to find differences and similarities between people half a world away.  :)

I'd like to widen the picture and show the whole physical desk. Are you game?

Here is my den. :D
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

OMFSM! You must be Swedish, it's both charming and organized.

I wouldn't dare take a pic of my current desktop as it can't hardly be more disorganized and cluttered.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

I've been using the kitchen table, but under the current regime it's often cluttered and cramped. Not picture-worthy.
The house is under re-arrangement, so I'll soon have some deskspace upstairs when I take over the loft, overlooking the garden. That'll be better.
WWDDD?

Opsa

I had the same reaction as you guys when I saw this thread, but just to prove how boring my desk is, I will post a photo of it, along with my slightly less boring art table and light table.

roystonoboogie

I have two desks. This is the important one:

The other one is just for earning money (to pay for this one).

Darlica

Come on guys! ;)

My desk organized?! It's clutter all over! :D (not that I'm ashamed of it, I guess it's my style)

@ Zono: Chaos is the mother of creativity  ;D

@ Aggi: If it says something about you or your current situation post it anyway prettiness has nothing to do with it. :)

@ Opsa:  :) I feel at home in your pictures! But I want to see the kitten! The one at the drawing-board!
The light table and drawing-board makes me miss my old flat and my workspace there.

@ roystonoboogie: Nice!  :D  What kind of music do you prefer to play on your "desk"? :)
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin NoName

I have taken a picture for you, but it will probably take ages to get it off my phone camera into the computer, and also the light is v.bad so may be too dim to see.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

roystonoboogie

That particular setup looks like classic rock, '55 - '69.
There is an extra tom and heavier cymbals for blues rock '75 - '95.
There is a multi-pad synth drum with an electronic bass pedal for disco '75 - present.
There is also a rack of incidental percussion like cowbells, woodblocks, tambourines, bells and a triangle if I can be bothered. Usually I can't.

Basically I'm a musical whore with a heart of gold. If you pay me, I'll play for you; if you don't pay me, I might just do it for free because I like you. It gets me out of the house and stops me from annoying my wife.

Bruder Cuzzen

At the moment i am using a folding portable table which is cluttered with papers , folders , a briefcase and a hand me down battered laptop which is not yet connected to the net .

Bluenose

Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

Griffin NoName

If you can see any desk surface, it fails the test.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bluenose

Quote from: Griffin NoName on February 06, 2014, 07:30:54 PM
If you can see any desk surface, it fails the test.

You're right.  I'll have to knuckle under and get some more "important" stuff on my desk ASAP.   :mrgreen:
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Lindorm

Here´s my desk at work.

On the left, you can see the hi-vis hedgehog Darlica made for me when I took up my current position.

The background picture on the monitor is the coat of arms for the local municipiality that we collaborate with here in Stockholm and rent our local offcies from. Their wonky IT system also means that I have to keep everything important on my computer desktop, otherwise it risks getting lost in their network servers.

The book on the right is  Fahrdynamik des schienenverkehrs, a german text book on the physics of railway operations. There's nothing like handing out photocopies of four pages of equations and tables in german to the eager-beaver trainees to make them realize that, no, they don't have to learn everything about how brake force is calculated right now.  ;)

The blue label on my desktop computer says "Dare to refuse Facebook" in Swedish. The thing leaning in the window is a cab signal display from some very old rolling stock from the Stockholm metro.

On the left is a stack of paper a k a my bad conscience -documentation from a course for minder drivers that I held a while ago and really ought to have processed by now, but haven't done so. Well, if they have been laying about for so long, another week won't hurt.

Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)