News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

"Canadian Smalltalk" (weather - all nations included!) Thread

Started by Aggie, November 29, 2006, 06:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Heh... -17oC here, although it's -30oC with the wind chill. Gonna be nasty tonight...
'Sokay... Edmonton's also getting a blizzard.
WWDDD?

Bluenose

So what do you use for a refrigerator, a heater?
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Aggie

A bbq. ;)

No, seriously, I stick food in the (unlit) bbq when the weather is more reasonable to keep it refrigerated.  When it's this cold, I make ice or freeze foods out there because it's quicker than the freezer.

My apartment stays at about 27oC without turning the heat up at all, so we've been sleeping with the bedroom window open lately and a fan in the window to bring in the cold.  I probably will be able to skip the fan tonight.  When it's REALLY cold I can leave the window shut.

EDIT: Yipes!  I left the beer on the porch!
WWDDD?

Scriblerus the Philosophe

It is COLD for my state! I've been having to actually move my plants inside this year so they don't frost, even ones that are under big trees. And we had a boar frost today, it actually looked like it snowed a little. Just about everything froze. My friend lives out in the country, and her vinyards froze, too. It's supposed to be 18*F here tonight. >< Tooooooo cold for this area.
Usually, it hovers around the upper 30's this time of year, and we have maybe four or five frosts, but it's dropped a lot, and frosted just about every day for weeks.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Quote from: Kanaloa the Squidly on January 12, 2007, 04:41:50 PM
My friend lives out in the country, and her vinyards froze, too. It's supposed to be 18*F here tonight. >< Tooooooo cold for this area.

Time for icewine?   ;D

Bah.  The snow didn't stay; it's above freezing and raining again.

Aggie, you're hogging all of Canada's cold ration!  Send some this way!

Edit:

Quote from: Bluenose on January 10, 2007, 10:59:04 PM
Snow?  What's that?  What?  Frozen water falling from the sky?  Yeah, right...  Sounds about a likely as that "rain" thing me great great grandaddy used to bang on about...

I can remember many times in my youth when it was too cold for snow.  Hasn't happened lately, though.

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Lambicus the Toluous on January 12, 2007, 04:50:05 PMAggie, you're hogging all of Canada's cold ration!  Send some this way!

OK...  I'll see what I can do.  Look for it early next week. ;)
WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

OK, which of you jokers is sending cold to me??

Don't DO that. I'll have to wash socks again if you do. I prefer nakie feets with some sort of slip on Fakenstock to actually wearing shoes with closed up toes and stuff.
This sig area under construction.

um... ah... we had nothing to do with that. (where's the "Toadfish looking shifty" emoticon?)

There is definitely no plan for Canada to annex Texas.  The cold you're experiencing is completely natural and isn't part of a Canadian "terraforming" project.

Yeah.

But... hypothetically... if you were to see a weird nozzle with a maple leaf on it sticking out of the ground spewing cold air, would you mind kicking the dirt back on top of it?

Thanks.

;D

Sibling Chatty

HMMMM.....

You know y'all could do that up around Dallas and nobody'd notice. Them folks are like another Cleveland, but without the charm and culture. ;)

If you gotta send cold air, West Texas out around the stockyards could use it.

But, i'll kick the dirt back if I see that Maple Leaf thang. I can't be havin' with too much freezin' though. One or the other is fine, but it was 74 F here today, and it's confusing the peach trees.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Not good, that. I like peaches, and I hate it when they're expensive because somebody got confused.

COLD again this morning. More frost, though not as bad as yesterday.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Chatty

Today, we have RAIN with the cold. The front has met up with a warm air mass, approximately directly over my house. It is not raining a mile away, but we're getting drenched.

Yeah, that's really good for the barn full of stuff that I need somewhere with a floor, not dirt/mud. (I seem to be descended from a group of sewing machine obsessed women. I gave away three, and still have 4 more, 2 in the house, 2 in the barn. Oh, and Wilton cake pans...around 30 or so Wilton cake pans. I'm not that domesticated.)

Aggie

CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's a Wilton cake?
WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

The fire truck sounds a lot more appetizing than the "ad nauseum" cake pan.   ;D

Just had a thought:

- museum: place of the muses
- nauseum: amusment park?

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on January 14, 2007, 07:09:10 AM
The PANS...not the cake.

I've had a hate on for those things since a cake decorating contest in Elementary school....  lost out to some *(&^*&%  Care Bear because my black forest with the chocolate cones and everything was 'too professional...  probably store bought'. 
WWDDD?