News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

How long have you been logged on?

Started by Aggie, July 01, 2010, 12:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on July 01, 2010, 05:03:26 PM
...  What browser are you using Bob?

Latest FireFox 3.6.6, NoScript is enabled for "toadfishmonastery.com", + usual misc add-ins.

:)

Windoze security essentials is all the firewall/anti-virus software I'm running (am behind hardware firewall)

The unwrapped works quite well enough for me, and does not [usually] force-log me out.  It's only when I go over to the wrapped version that it *always* force-logs me out, one of several reasons why I quit using 'wrapped'.... I've forgotten the others... slow load times?  I think that was one for sure.  Unwrapped is much faster on my machines.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

ivor

Yeah, it's old tech.  Once I redo the site it will be faster.  It's just such a PITA though.  I need to port the templates to the latest version of Joomla and SMF...

Darlica

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on July 01, 2010, 05:12:27 PM
Thanks, MB, unwrapped is much better.

Here's the magic mystery box:

Sorry no mysteries... ;)

It works like this:
"Quote" -Click this button in any post and you will create a new post that starts with a quote of the former (it looks like this post).

"Modify" This option should only be visible on your own posts. It's a short-cut to editing your post click it to correct spelling or make additions.

"Delete"  This option should only be visible on your own posts. It simply deletes your post.

I hope I have straighten out some question marks.

:D
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Opsa

Currently it says I've been logged on for 37 days, 10 hours and 46 minutes.

ivor

Darlica, with the big noggin! :D  Thank you for clearing that up!

Sibling DavidH

Sorry, Darli, but those buttons you mention are clear enough - it's the tiny check box to the right of DELETE that puzzles me

---------------

Bob, I know this sounds really obvious, but when you first log in there is a choice "How long do you want to stay logged in?"  To me it offers a choice of 60 minutes or for ever.  Could this be the cause of your getting loggged out?

Swatopluk

I am 'logged in forever' but any link in a post that leads to another post in the monastery causes instant transfer to the wrapped version of the monastery and logging out.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

ivor

Quote from: Swatopluk on July 02, 2010, 09:50:51 AM
I am 'logged in forever' but any link in a post that leads to another post in the monastery causes instant transfer to the wrapped version of the monastery and logging out.

Would that be a link to a wrapped post?  What about a link to an unwrapped post?  If you login on the wrapped side does that still happen?

Swatopluk

all internal links seem to get interpreted as wrapped. Not yet tried to follow link inside wraps.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Swatopluk on July 02, 2010, 09:50:51 AM

That seems to be the case with me as well-- yes, I've checked the "logged in forever" box.

As of this edit?

19 days, 16 hours and 48 minutes since I was force-logged off by accidentally clicking an internal link.

:)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Pachyderm

12 days, 15 hours and 10 minutes.

That all? Doesn't seem right, somehow.

Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Griffin NoName

65 days, 13 hours and 45 minutes and 11,277 posts.

I'm up there with the angels.

Yeh, and following links logs me out, so I don't. ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Simply leaving the window open does not count as time logged in obviously. Tested it yesterday.

pieces o nine

20 days, 22 hours and 44 minutes    :o     
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Aggie

Same problem with links here, although I think mostly if they are posted by a wrapped Sibling.  I think unwrapped links work fine for me.
WWDDD?