News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

How long have you been logged on?

Started by Aggie, July 01, 2010, 12:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

I'm not sure if this is visible in all layouts, but near the top of my screen it gives "Total time logged in".

Current count: 61 days, 23 hours and 35 minutes

I've been a Toadfish for two months!  :mrgreen:
WWDDD?

Scriblerus the Philosophe

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

It would be roughly a year, but I accidentally clicked on a link to another thread in Toadfish, and the link re-directed me through the front page, which logged me out-- I don't care for the wrapped version-- I strictly stay with the unwrapped.  (Unwrapped gives me full wide-screen access to all the posts, more words per page.  The wrapped is locked into a tiny (to me) aspect ratio-- unacceptable to my widescreen monitor.)

**bleah**

I should have copied the link, edited out the front-end wrapper code, and used that... I forget that others are not as anal as I, when it comes to screen real-estate.

:)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

ivor

Bob,

If you look up in the upper-right hand corner of the wrapped version there are some buttons for controlling the layout.  One button is for wide screen.  If you click on it, it makes the layout wider.  There are also buttons to increase or decrease font size.

Sibling DavidH

9 days 9 hours 48 minutes.

Here's an odd thing: yesterday I fiddled with my avatar and when I'd finished, my post-count said 'leet'.   No figures, just 'leet'.  Very odd.   It's back to normal today.

Lindorm

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on July 01, 2010, 08:51:47 AM
9 days 9 hours 48 minutes.

Here's an odd thing: yesterday I fiddled with my avatar and when I'd finished, my post-count said 'leet'.   No figures, just 'leet'.  Very odd.   It's back to normal today.

Your post count probably hit 1337.

Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Sibling DavidH

1337 would be about it, but I don't get it !?*?  ???

Swatopluk

only 42 days, 9 hours and 9 minutes despite haveing the most posts (15683 without this one).
I don't know how the program counts the time exactly.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Darlica

At the time:  25 days, 22 hours and 31 minutes and 1982 posts.
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

57 days, 10 hours and 3 minutes
--
1337 = leet = elite according to the original hacker code, now it's all the way around, leet/1337 is a way to write:

f0r 1n574nc3 71k3 th15.

There are more cryptic ways to do so:

|<1|_|_  /v\3 |\|0\v/

etc. ;)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on July 01, 2010, 07:20:46 AM
Bob,

If you look up in the upper-right hand corner of the wrapped version there are some buttons for controlling the layout.  One button is for wide screen.  If you click on it, it makes the layout wider.  There are also buttons to increase or decrease font size.

:)

I'm certain there are-- but I'm an old fogie and very anal retentive when it comes to control of software.  I'm also something of a minimalist, and the unwrapped version Just Works [for me].

It's been a couple of years?  At least a year since I looked at the wrapped version, and apart from the more busy look, I found it tended to reset me, logging me out seemingly at a whim.  Once you posted the method to get to unwrapped?  I never looked back at the wrapped one again.

:D
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling DavidH

Thanks for that, Zono.
MB, how do you get this unwrapped version?  I've used the buttons at the top for a while now, but I didn't know about unwrapped.

Another thng, if you folks would be so kind:  on my own posts, to the right of the QUOTE  MODIFY  DELETE buttons, is a little tick-box.  What does it do?

ivor

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on July 01, 2010, 03:42:18 PM
MB, how do you get this unwrapped version?  I've used the buttons at the top for a while now, but I didn't know about unwrapped.

Another thng, if you folks would be so kind:  on my own posts, to the right of the QUOTE  MODIFY  DELETE buttons, is a little tick-box.  What does it do?

Hmmm.... I don't see the tick box.  Can you post a pic?

To get to the unwrapped version go to http://toadfishmonastery.com/forum.

I've never been able to duplicate the session problems anybody is having.  What browser are you using Bob?

Sibling DavidH

Thanks, MB, unwrapped is much better.

Here's the magic mystery box:

ivor

LOL!  I don't see that.  Are you a moderator or something?

Must be so you can select messages and hit a button on the bottom...