News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

On the Nth Day before Christmas........

Started by Griffin NoName, December 18, 2009, 05:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

On the second last day before Christmas I went to the butcher and collected my pork roast and went to the green grocer and bought all the vegetables for dinner with the outlaws on the last day before Christmas.  Still have to get a couple of last minute things, so I better go and gettum, 'stead of sitting here at my keyboard!   :mrgreen:
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

On Christmas Eve Eve, I have to go back to the dentist and get a filling!  :aargh!:

Tonight we prepare the marinade for the turkey and nibble on goodies that some elves left on our back porch. (Gotta work on our new year's cavities!)

Aggie

We don't have elves - we have deer in the back yard.  I don't suggest nibbling on the goodies they left on the back lawn. ;)

WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

On the second last day before Christmas I have to finish packing for my trip, or there will be no trip.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Griffin NoName

On the first day before Christmas I finished packing, hurrah.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

On Christmas eve I am baking pumpkin pies and bread to take to Mr. Opsa's housebound father tonight.

Meanwhile, visions of sugar plums lurk in the mind of th' Opsalette. I can see them sparkling in her eyes.

Aggie

On the night before Christmas (morning, anyways ::)), started boning out the duck and making stock.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

On the morning before Christmas day my car broke down.
Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

Th' Opsalette woke up at 4 a.m. yesterday. Quite a bit early, but understandable, considering her age. We opened gifts here, then cooked all afternoon, then trekked an hour through the fog and rain to my Mom's house. My bro was there, then my younger sis and her beau showed up. Then much later, my older sis and her family. Late dinner, late gifts, 'Lette crashed, and away we went again, though the fog and rain to home.

On the day after Christmas I am pooped!

Griffin NoName

On the second day after Christmas I have almost completed my rip roaring Christmas experience....... but it is not quite over yet.
Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

Two days past Christmas we visited a new winery in our area with friends, and received a bottle of Coquito Boricua, a high-octane rum nog flavored with pistachios from some friends who just came back from Puerto Rico. YUM!

Name edited: it means (small) coconut from Puerto Rico (boricua is a term related to the long lost aborigines from PR).

Aggie

Quote from: Griffin NoName on December 28, 2009, 02:45:52 AM

On the second day after Christmas I have almost completed my rip roaring Christmas experience....... but it is not quite over yet.

We expect the full report when you're done. ;)

A few days past Christmas and I'm purging the system (still must make it through NYE, but that will be somewhat lighter food-wise) - lots of fruit, lentils and kimchi.
WWDDD?

Aggie

On the 0th day before Christmas, I'm about to start the Christmas pudding....
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

On the 0th day before Christmas, at the eleventh hour (pm) I am falling asleep.
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

I already had a nap on the couch, and woke up to Six White Boomers on the radio.  ;D
WWDDD?