News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

On the Nth Day before Christmas........

Started by Griffin NoName, December 18, 2009, 05:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

On the eigth day before Christmas.......... I finished wrapping all the presents and began writing an essay.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Pachyderm

On the seventh day before Christmas I have a post works-do hangover...
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Aggie

On the seventh day before Christmas I got the former-workmates-boozer taken care of. And a surprise birthday.  After driving 600 km. ;)
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

On the sixth day before Christmas..... my father rang to tell me my mother was refusing to drink cranberry juice.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Agujjim on December 19, 2009, 09:48:49 AM
On the seventh day before Christmas I got the former-workmates-boozer taken care of.
Soprano's style or I'm the only one having dubious thoughts on the subject?
:o :mrgreen:
---
On the fifth (or is it sixth?) day of X-mas I took my family to see Avatar.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

On the fifth day before Christmas I've been digging out from eighteen inches of snow, but it's beautiful! A powdery snow, too- so not to heavy to shovel, thank goodness!

Griffin NoName

On the fifth day before Christmas I still haven't started writing my essay.
Psychic Hotline Host

Bluenose

On the fourth day before Christmas, I wondered what had happenned - I am sure yesterday was  only the beginning of October!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Griffin NoName

On the fourth day before Christmas I realsied Christmas was on Firday not Saturday. Panic.
Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

On the fourth day before Christmas I took the turkey out of the freezer. I'm a vegetarian, but Mr, Ops just loves to fuss over cooking a turkey. It's a real treat for him.

I also double-booked playdates for the Opsalette and have had to untangle them.

Darlica

On the third day before Christmas (we mainly celebrate Christmas Eve here not Christmas Day) I wrapped most of the gifts L and I are giving away this year. 

We have divided the work, I do the wrapping and L writes the rhymes that goes with the gifts.  ;D 

I think wrapping the gifts is at least as fun as the giving and receiving, the whole evening I've been listening to a web radio channel broadcasting Christmas songs and wallowed in pretty papers and ribbons! :D

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Opsa

Me too, Darlica. I was just thinking this morning that wrapping presents is like decorating the house. There's something special, shiny and pretty there, and that makes me happy. Unwrapping them is something like undoing the decorations- it signals the end of it all. That sounds like a downer, but actually, it may also mean that we're peeling away the old layers to get to the New Year.

On the third day before Christmas we have to go shopping for groceries and go to the dentist for our bi-annual checkups. Hope we don't have any cavities for Christmas!

Aggie

On the third day before Christmas, got the shopping finished with mum. Lots o' food and a big fresh bird.

We're (C & myself) planning to do a Sichuan-style hot pot for Christmas eve, as we have been taking care of that meal the last few years.  Got a bbq duck coming for making the stock (will eat the meat separate, boil the bones, might render some fat for flavour as well).
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

On the third day before Christmas I started packing for my trip.
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

On the third day before Christmas I assembled some mixed-conifer swags (spruce, jackpine, Douglas fir, ponderosa pine, western red cedar and a sprig of Oregon grape) to decorate the house and compensate for a fake tree.
WWDDD?

Bluenose

On the second last day before Christmas I went to the butcher and collected my pork roast and went to the green grocer and bought all the vegetables for dinner with the outlaws on the last day before Christmas.  Still have to get a couple of last minute things, so I better go and gettum, 'stead of sitting here at my keyboard!   :mrgreen:
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

On Christmas Eve Eve, I have to go back to the dentist and get a filling!  :aargh!:

Tonight we prepare the marinade for the turkey and nibble on goodies that some elves left on our back porch. (Gotta work on our new year's cavities!)

Aggie

We don't have elves - we have deer in the back yard.  I don't suggest nibbling on the goodies they left on the back lawn. ;)

WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

On the second last day before Christmas I have to finish packing for my trip, or there will be no trip.
Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

On the first day before Christmas I finished packing, hurrah.
Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

On Christmas eve I am baking pumpkin pies and bread to take to Mr. Opsa's housebound father tonight.

Meanwhile, visions of sugar plums lurk in the mind of th' Opsalette. I can see them sparkling in her eyes.

Aggie

On the night before Christmas (morning, anyways ::)), started boning out the duck and making stock.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

On the morning before Christmas day my car broke down.
Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

Th' Opsalette woke up at 4 a.m. yesterday. Quite a bit early, but understandable, considering her age. We opened gifts here, then cooked all afternoon, then trekked an hour through the fog and rain to my Mom's house. My bro was there, then my younger sis and her beau showed up. Then much later, my older sis and her family. Late dinner, late gifts, 'Lette crashed, and away we went again, though the fog and rain to home.

On the day after Christmas I am pooped!

Griffin NoName

On the second day after Christmas I have almost completed my rip roaring Christmas experience....... but it is not quite over yet.
Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

Two days past Christmas we visited a new winery in our area with friends, and received a bottle of Coquito Boricua, a high-octane rum nog flavored with pistachios from some friends who just came back from Puerto Rico. YUM!

Name edited: it means (small) coconut from Puerto Rico (boricua is a term related to the long lost aborigines from PR).

Aggie

Quote from: Griffin NoName on December 28, 2009, 02:45:52 AM

On the second day after Christmas I have almost completed my rip roaring Christmas experience....... but it is not quite over yet.

We expect the full report when you're done. ;)

A few days past Christmas and I'm purging the system (still must make it through NYE, but that will be somewhat lighter food-wise) - lots of fruit, lentils and kimchi.
WWDDD?

Aggie

On the 0th day before Christmas, I'm about to start the Christmas pudding....
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

On the 0th day before Christmas, at the eleventh hour (pm) I am falling asleep.
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

I already had a nap on the couch, and woke up to Six White Boomers on the radio.  ;D
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host