News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What are you worrying about?

Started by Griffin NoName, August 21, 2008, 03:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

:o

Topic Title is a bit of a hype. These needn't be acute worries. Just things that have always been puzzling.
In fact: rating: Puzzling 1;  Concerning  2;  Acute worry 3;

Have always had an exceptionally good memory - not for absolutely everything, but for many things like people's names, passwords, lists of pretty well anything. I trained my memory early in life when bug solving in computer programs where I had to remember pages and pages of code in hexadecimal and hold many "facts" in my memory simultaneously and actively. (My job was to solve bugs no one else could solve).

This functional ability was clobbered by chemotherapy but that's kind of incidental. But it's still probably better than average though subject to patchiness. The bit that has really suffered is the ability to hold facts simultaneously and use them to reach an understanding. I still think like this, but it can take days or weeks rather than hours as it used to.

Worry- is diagnosis of disease like Alzheimer's delayed if one has an exceptionally good memory?  Rating 1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

Worry--Will my brother get Mom moved to HIS house before I have to beat her to death with a board??

Rating--2

(She called MD Anderson to see if she could get me an appointment with a doctor that NEVER did a damn thing, and STILL wouldn't if I was a patient there.) ::) ::) ::) :stick: :explode: :axe: :axe: :axe:
This sig area under construction.

beagle

I'm worrying about minor league stuff compared to many. Like what's going to happen about 1A.M. when the markets open in Asia.
The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

At least that worry will end in 4 and a half hours time. Can't you find anthing more long term to worry about?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

What like this you mean?  I don't do longer term than that, and even this I consider an S.E.P. now I'm a lapsed physicist.
The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

Hmmm, I need to study S.E.P. ~ sounds useful. But as far as entropy tending to increase in an isolated system, I am a living proof of likely heat death.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Don't worry, now we have the Big Bounce:
QuoteAccording to some oscillatory universe theorists, the Big Bang was merely the beginning of a period of expansion that followed a period of contraction. In this view, one could talk of a Big Crunch followed by a Big Bang, or more simply, a Big Bounce. This suggests that we might be living in the first of all universes, but are equally likely to be living in the 2 billionth universe (or any of an infinite other sequential universes).
;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

So that wasn't the Big Bang, it was just market bottom?  :P

WWDDD?

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Haven't heard from a friend in a week and a half. Family history of suicide. Ridiculous shit happening prior to his AWOL.

update: 3 No one at all--this boy has a wide circle of friends--has heard from him.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host