News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What significant things have I done today?

Started by Griffin NoName, April 02, 2008, 08:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Got my car insurance rates lowered.  They said I'm saving $330ish, but I can't figure it out because the monthly rate mentioned is half of what I pay now.  P'raps is pro-rated to end of year - rough calculations indicate it as such.  Which means actually am saving $1000 a year over previous rates.

:woot:
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Three more client hours under the belt. Seven to go now.

Although if some of the clietnts had their way it would take at least a week for every 1 hour - they still go on cancelling and wanting to tag replacemet sessions weeks ahead. I'll soon have bald patches from pulling my hair out. I have decided I am not doing more than another 3 weeks even if hell freezes over.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

Followed up with contact - did not give my name, was casually forwarded to her voice mail as per usual.

Called back and told receptionist I wanted to speak to someone in the chain of command. Now. Gave my name. She actually squeaked at hearing it and immediately trasnferred me to top banana, who didn't even try to put me into voice mail. We had a nice little chat about my...concerns. He verbally tap-danced like a vaudeville veteran for 15 minutes without prompting from me. I figure that the longer he blithered, the more he knew that I. Am. Angry. and the more they might, in fact, be at least partially at fault.

No immediate resolution to my satisfaction, but interesting feedback (admitted lying to me, amongst other concessions) and I think they are actually making an effort now.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: pieces o nine on April 25, 2008, 09:03:06 PM
No immediate resolution to my satisfaction, but interesting feedback (admitted lying to me, amongst other concessions) and I think they are actually making an effort now.

Sucks.

And, at the same time--- At Last.

Why did it require a Grand Inquisition, though?  Just to get them to do their jobs?

Reminds me of the time my parents had a busted water pipe, and made insurance claims for quite a bit of their stuff.

They basically "rolled" over most of the claims-- I did most of the labor fix-up anyway, not a big deal.

But, their piano (small spinet, had since I was a wee lad. water ruined it).  Short version: they had to file in court, before the adjuster would even talk.

The company settled, my parents "won" (canceled the court appearance, after the check cleared....)

Bottom line:  Why does it take the equivalent of and EARTHQUAKE for people to do their FUCKIN' JOBS!!!!!   

(sorry, but no other word actually fits properly..... I'll be contrite, now and mop the floors as retribution for swearing...)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

Because the American Business Model is screw the consumer as much as possible and don't back down until you're about to be killed?
==================

Just now, I gave a significant dog bath. :beagle: :beagle: Ok, it SHOULD be a Schnauzer, one who chose to roll in a mud puddle by the barn.  :doosh: Used the shower and didn't really do anything but a rinse and promise, as bathing Spencer is a full day adventure for 2 STRONG people. He's NOT fond of the shampoo process...
This sig area under construction.

Aggie

Got a Good Haircut. 

This is significant as I can count the times it's happened on one hand.  I am NEVER going to other than a Korean stylist, EVER.  I considered driving to Vancouver for a haircut after my last one moved, but we found a new one, even better.
WWDDD?

Quote from: Agujjim on April 27, 2008, 01:17:25 AM
Got a Good Haircut. 

This is significant as I can count the times it's happened on one hand.  I am NEVER going to other than a Korean stylist, EVER.  I considered driving to Vancouver for a haircut after my last one moved, but we found a new one, even better.

I see this and think, "what's the big deal?" then I remember that I typically have a burr cut, which I do myself with a home-trimmer and a 1/4" comb attachment.  Then I use a pair (right & left) of taper combs and I'm done.  Snap.

But, if you want your hair longer than 1/4" or so.... yeah, I could see that. :)

Today, I went over and drained out about 1/2 quart of oil out of my mother's car-- was overfilled.  This was my fault, as when I put the oil in, I did not wait for it all to drain to the bottom.  Hurrying gets you nowhere.  But, as the oil was so new, we saved it in a jar, to be put back, when the car gets 1/2 quart down, about 1/2 way to the next change.

While there, straightener out one of their gutters that a falling branch had mangled.   Convinced them to keep it-- it's in the back, and looks pretty good. 

Also banged out a dent in their yard-shed.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on April 27, 2008, 01:48:16 AMI see this and think, "what's the big deal?" then I remember that I typically have a burr cut, which I do myself with a home-trimmer and a 1/4" comb attachment.  Then I use a pair (right & left) of taper combs and I'm done.  Snap.

But, if you want your hair longer than 1/4" or so.... yeah, I could see that.

I have a freakin' huge forehead and a lumpy skull....  short does not work without serious stylist talent.  The more usual lengths tend to end up looking somewhere between a Beatle's moptop and Donald Trump.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Quote from: Griffin NoName on April 28, 2008, 01:00:38 AM
Slept

Me too.

Mould pollon way up-- can't breathe.  Inhalers only barely functional ..... *bleah*

Missed a very good live-music concert as result.  (no, was free, so no money lost...)

Sibling Chatty

Also slept.

Gonna sleep more, as tomorrow is MORE TESTING DAY!! Wednesday is 'find out what's changed' day.

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on April 28, 2008, 04:52:59 AM
Also slept.

Gonna sleep more, as tomorrow is MORE TESTING DAY!! Wednesday is 'find out what's changed' day.

Be well, Chatty, be well.

*good thoughts*  :tlite:

Sibling Chatty

Well, I am behind here.

Wednesday was 'find out we have inflammation of the pancreas day'.

Thursday was 'cook all day' making pork loin and rice for a multitude, as well as multiple cakes, all shaped like the State of Texas! Dem county meeting, with a thank you party for the retiring County Chair. 'We' gave her a beautiful crystal bowl (I had it, still in the box, and wasn't ever going to DO anything with it, and she has and displays some lovely crystal) and a certificate, and flowers (I did those as well).

She's a smart cookie, and know exactly where the effort came from...

Friday, we picked up Michael's ashes.

Today, I slept.