News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What significant things have I done today?

Started by Griffin NoName, April 02, 2008, 08:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Add my voice to that proud set. :mrgreen:

Done:
Planted tomatoes and an onion
Made dinner (that no one ate, because they are ingrates)
Put together lamp
Deposited pay check
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Chatty

Slept until 11AM
Went to doctor
Took nap from 4:30-7:30
Chased a bat out of Denise's house
When the restaurant we were at (the little local 'hometown' place) filled up real fast and the fairly new waitress got behind, I poured tea and coffee and helped out with the small stuff. I can still carry two tea pitchers with one hand, but it has to be the right one now...and I can still 'pour from the side' to get ice into the glass--without spilling. I also carried 3 mugs of coffee in one hand. Over 30 years ago, but I can still 'do the basics'!
This sig area under construction.

Opsa

Went to pick up orange "Earth Day" trash pickup bags and safety vests for our neighborhood litter crew, which is made up of people under the age of ten and myself. (I'm mentally a ten-year-old.)

Pachyderm

Got up.
Abluted.
Tidied and cleaned.
Broke glass. (one of my Turkish tea glasses. Survived road trip across Europe with parents for 4 months, and I drop it taking it out of the packaging.)
Swore a lot.
Tidied up glass fragments (HOW do they travel that far?)
About to start cooking.

Rome Season 2 lined up for after din-dins.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Lindorm

Woke up in a hotel room in Gävle.

Called the driver of the train I was about to relieve, and found out that the train (coming from the far north) actually was on time, which was a first for me this year. In consequence, I had to leg it pretty fast out of the hotel and up to the goods yard.

Worked train 42041 from Gävle goods yard to Älvsjö intermodal terminal, then took the locos back to my home depot and stabled them.

Had a chat with my boss about a few things

Had a chat with staff planning about my upcoming schedule -I need to move a rest day, so I can go and see Einstürzende Neubauten with Darlica when they come to Stockholm later this month.

Went on a shopping spree in a stationary shop on the way home -bought file organizers, labels, bookrests and other exciting stuff.

Went home, fixed lunch.

Started doing tons and tons of laundry

Gave Darlica a hug when she came home from a garden and plant fair she had been to with a few girlfriends.

Did more laundry.

Am now waiting for laundry to dry, which is more exciting than watching paint dry, but not as exciting as watching sourdough ferment.

There was dinner somewhere in there, too, but it was a rather boring affair.
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Darlica

I spent most of the day at a garden exhibition/garden and plant fair and in company of two of my oldest and dearest friends. A lot of laughing and joking and general merriment. :D
Bought some interesting seeds and bulbs (I'll post about it later in the garden forum). 

Came home got hugs from Lindorm, helped him with the laundry a bit, had dinner.   
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin NoName

Yesterday I went to the dentist

Today I saw three clients.  14 hours to go and counting......
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Scriblerus the Philosophe

I got up at a decent hour! Do you know how exciting that is?

Very, very exciting.

Mowed the lawn
Read up on something I promised a friend I would do for him, even though I think it's deeply silly.
Drank large amounts of green matte.

To do:
Research paper
Re-write other paper
Wash apron (as I open tomorrow--hopefully for the last time)
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Take my kid to school in the morning
Check a few things pending for the website
Add funds to some accounts (the admin still doesn't manage that  ::))
Study a bit for the audition today
Pick up my kid (and put some gas in my car)
Drive to WPB to my audition
Audition for next season (sang some Haendel and som Mozart). It didn't went as well as I would've liked, but whatcha gonna do  :-\
Drive back
Pick up some pizzas for dinner
Watch TV...
---
Oh! Significant! From all that? My audition (I guess)...
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

Quote from: Scriblerus the Philosophe on April 12, 2008, 12:40:28 AMDrank large amounts of green matte.

I did the same on Friday night - after a week of avoiding anything stronger than green tea.  I was still buzzing on Saturday morning when I woke up (yes I slept - but it was not restful).

I cleaned the balcony today - BIG significance as there was 8 months worth of recycling, bottles, and pigeon crap on it.  Still need to deal with the pigeon crap, though.  ::)

Took said recycling in and will be loading the bottles into the car for return soon.
WWDDD?

Pachyderm

Took Laura to the airport, for her 3 week holiday in Australia. Not jealous. No, not at all.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Griffin NoName

Yesterday I hit my computer with a big stick.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

Quote from: Griffin NoNameYesterday I hit my computer with a big stick.

And how did you feel  about that?  ;)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

College Supervision - last but two or three - getting REALLY significant...
Food shop - at last food !! - also REALLY significant

Slept. A LOT.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Chatty

Took Denise to get her 'indigent' health care reinstated, after they screwed her around for 5 months.

Going to sleep EARLY, so that I can get up at midnight, take my meds and then be NPO until my endoscopy. (Gonna eat a Pop Tart with 'em.) Oh, and did my pre-admit for the procedure...
This sig area under construction.