News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pip Pip, Tally Ho - Talk Like a Land Lubber

Started by DaveL, March 07, 2008, 11:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyderm

Not just them, but their ladies as well, I'd heard. Fellow seems to have a bit like old Julius C. in that regard. Any port in a storm, what?
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

beagle

Alexander, Caesar, Kitchener.  Must be something they put in the rations.
The angels have the phone box

The Meromorph

Lady Westfartin: "Did you hear Joan's married an officer in the First West African Rifle Regiment."

Countess Cramp: "Good Lord! I thought they were black!"

Lady Westfartin: "Oh no dear, only their privates..."

Countess Cramp: "Oh my! How exotic!"
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

*tittering from behind lace fan*
I'm sure I have no idea whatever to what that might be in reference !

But thank heavens we stopped talking about those dreadful eunichs. I find them so depressing. Don't you?

The Meromorph

Can't seem to improve their morale much, I know that. Can't get 'em 'up' at all, poor blighters.

I could explain that larst joke, m'dear... If you'd like.
Probably best to explain it over there behind the privets...  Don't want to scare the horses, don'cher know.
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

Eau, we shant scare the horses, they're geldings... oh bother, another eunich reference again.

pieces o nine

I have it on good authority that the Eunuch Hussars are a yet another band of wild-eyed monkish warriors, poor blighters who took to Matthew* a bit too much to heart, eh?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
* And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out; and if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off; and if...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

DaveL

Oh my stars. Lord Kitchener doesn't just want you, he wants you. Now I know where the Village People got their costume ideas.

Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

pieces o nine

*sings along*  "Jaaaaay Y C A !  (God save the King!) Jaaaaay Y C A !"

[edit]  Here are the dance moves for those playing at home.  [/edit]

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Can't understand a word in this demned thread.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

It's very simple. We're off on a cavalry accompanied tour of the tobacco fields. His Lordship won't be joining us because his love of displaying his antiques means he's preparing for an exhibition by stripping a tallboy. Her Ladyship is concluding her afternoon in the herbaceous border by debriefing the gardener, and I fear our rather outspoken parson is once again bashing the bishop.

So far we've avoided helmet and shag references, but precedent suggests it can only be a matter of time.
The angels have the phone box

The Meromorph

I say,chaps! I think this dog faced little chappie needs debagging and throwing in one of the fountains, what?

Tradititional treatment for the little blighters, eh?
Dances with Motorcycles.

DaveL

Quote from: beagle on March 22, 2008, 07:54:56 PM

So far we've avoided helmet and shag references, but precedent suggests it can only be a matter of time.

Indeed, our innocent minds would not contemplate such wanton discourse. Well that is unless someone else starts it of course.  ;)
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on March 22, 2008, 07:54:56 PM
So far we've avoided helmet and shag references....

Probably merely the wrong period. Shag carpets were a 1970's fashion. I think my rake got lost in the house move. Talking of rakes...............
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Pachyderm

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, in a French maid's finishing school at three in the morning?

With my reputation? Ding-dong!"
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....