News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Word definition game

Started by Swatopluk, September 23, 2007, 11:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

tarosaurus
An herbivorous prosauropod from the late Triassic, discovered only in Polynesia, assumed to have subsisted on the proto-taro plants. They went extinct quickly due to the calcium oxalate.

Malometasthesis
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Aphos

Quote from: pieces o nine on January 24, 2008, 05:32:10 PM
tarosaurus
An herbivorous prosauropod from the late Triassic, discovered only in Polynesia, assumed to have subsisted on the proto-taro plants. They went extinct quickly due to the calcium oxalate.

(LOL p o n...not quite word for word, but essentially the same definition I was going to give.)

Malometasthesis  a cancer caused by the eating of Mallo Cups

dentmarsation
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Pachyderm

Dentmarsation:

The gurning, grimacing and facial contortions required to open the mouth after consumption of a hot chocolate containing marshmallows.

Mushfaker
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Aphos

Mushfaker  an African toad that camouflages itself by appearing to be a bowl of oatmeal, thus making itself unpalatable to its predators

hoopismar 

Darlica

hoopismar is the short and more popular form of Hoopis Maritimous a doughnut shaped plankton.

loomribel
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Aphos

loomribel  a prescription medicine used to treat excessive ear hair

wettilbrow

Pachyderm

Wettilbrow : an archaic nautical term for the backstay or hawser abaft the foregallanttopsail's futtock shrouds.

Tusgeel

Sibling Chatty

Tusgeel--the restorative substance used for repairing the most obvious facial protuberances of mastodons, walruses and elephants.

Protomarischinism
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

Protomarischinism  archetypal worship of cherry pips

botofool

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

botofool--person who willingly has a for of the botulism toxin injected into their face.

Miscogindulation
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

Miscogindulation  incorrect gearing giving rise to wobbly wheels; drunken dance (coll.)

coporibual
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aphos

coporibual  alloy made from copper and bat guano.

setifel

Opsa

setifel - (archaic) a soft settee created expressly to break the fall of fainting ladies.

pomnasium

Pachyderm

Pomnasium

A room dedicated to the growing and training of apple trees.

Callipygean

pieces o nine

pomnasium a chi-chi boutique specializing in pot pourri, aromatherapy candles, and clove-studded closet fresheners suspended from satin ribbons.

[edit] oops - typed too slowly! [/edit]

Callipygean I cannot improve on the time-honored beautiful buttocks.

garumectomy
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677