News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Word definition game

Started by Swatopluk, September 23, 2007, 11:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

gorgolbast - Icelandic swear word/verbal injury, literal meaning: bumptious yarn-spinner

yukyak
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aphos

yukyak - a poster on a thread who is ignored by all other posters

senstrite
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Griffin NoName

senstrite - to undervalue the sense of taste, touch, etc; having no sympathy for the blind, etc.

wupzist
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

wupzist- a person who apologizes for the mistakes of others. Wupzism is sometimes caused by neuroses while other times it is a paid position.

Scabbadu

pieces o nine

Scabbadu   a strikebreaker on the Flinstones

rechoirment
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

rechoirment - when an entire choir is likked, rechoirment is require to rebuild a new choir (archaic)

postletwonk
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Quote from: pieces o nine on May 20, 2013, 04:57:15 AM
Scabbadu   a strikebreaker on the Flinstones
:ROFL: !!!

postletwonk- An anal-retentive biblical scholar.

bevatuity

pieces o nine

bevatuity  archaic
Gratuity placed on "a round for the house" tap beverages in Classical roman pubs.

mannidgemint
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Swatopluk

mannidgemint - a mixture of perfumes and volatile psychotropic substances used by some companies to increase the productivity (and docility) of their employees by distributing it via AC.

chorfex

Opsa

chorfex- fake laughter. Example: From the other room she could not hear the lame jokes, only the chorfex that punctuated them.

zindiblar

Swatopluk

Zindiblar - a Czech term for traditional small brass bands (cf. the Austrian 'Schrammel' music)

bjodeklaire

Griffin NoName

bjodeklaire - Swedish Daleks who thrive on a diet of chocolate eclairs.

runklestalk
Psychic Hotline Host

pieces o nine

runklestalk  popular name for an exceptionally curly variety of parsley.

dtyncke

Opsa

dtyncke- a derogatory Russian term for a highly irritating person.

gappel

Griffin NoName

gappel  - A block of wood (usually maple) sized to fit between the station platform and the step down from the train.

widgefruth
Psychic Hotline Host