News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Word definition game

Started by Swatopluk, September 23, 2007, 11:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

herschin - a Russian unit of area; 1 herschin = 112*112 arschin (6345 m²)

silamlok
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

silamlok  -  a kind of dish prepared with strips of pasta, raisins, milk and waste water, popular in Eastern Europe

tichpish
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

tichpish  an expression of dismissal used by children between the ages of 11 and 19 born to noble families in mid-14th century Proto-Prussia.

swainewryghte
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

swainewryghte - a type of metal plate nailed to the underneath of the feet of bucolic peasants when courting - the noise of the metal over cobbles was said to be very attractive to young maidens - in 14th century proto-Prussia

quinkledish
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Streets where peasants were allowed to walk then were not cobbles either

quinkledish - a short whip used by English castle reeves on Irish peasants. Today still an Irish slang term for abusive bosses.

chirboon

Sibling DavidH

herschin - a variety of fostrilised blavitt, used in the ceremonial headdresses of the Andagon priests of Spoffalonia.

vilt

Swatopluk

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on April 04, 2013, 09:45:43 AM
herschin - a variety of fostrilised blavitt, used in the ceremonial headdresses of the Andagon priests of Spoffalonia.

vilt

You come a full page to late for that >:(

Opsa

chirboon- (Poecile anubis) a large, hairy olive-colored member of the chickadee family.

francastasia

Swatopluk

franc|a|stasia - a conservative policy position in France before the Euro that demanded to decouple the Franc from the European currency system, making it free-floating again. Opponents of this were derogatorily referred to as 'franccatenist' (those that put the Franc in chains).

felange

pieces o nine

felange  a hideous 14th century French "cracking" punishment wrought upon those who respond to the wrong post.
see also "fêler"

sneckterine
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Swatopluk

sneckterine - what you get when genetically crossing pears and oranges

murmocade

pieces o nine

murmocade  The muttered comments of disgruntled workers as an executive strolls through.
ex:  No, I won't get you a coffee from the break room; it's creepy crossing the murmocade.

rubrikscon

Griffin NoName

rubrikscon  -  a six sided three dimensional cube, decorated with strawberry jam and whipped cream, often found in longbarrows

foypolic
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

foypolic - they way certain arthropods procreate halfway between internal and external fertilisation

arcosoxic

Griffin NoName

acrosoxic - the brain's reaction to sniffing dirty socks - no known cure, although MRI scans can identify the area affected

vulponiture

Psychic Hotline Host