News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Quote from: Aggie on November 16, 2023, 04:54:12 AMLast Would a French AI feline be powered by Chat GPT? Post

:bwa:  :1stprize:

Hm, I did not hit a paywall at that link.

Here are examples of cat and mouse armor from that link (images attached to post)
But since they are copyrighted, we probably have to delete them.

Last What is "wet cat" in French? "chateau" Post

Edit: Here's the link for the item:
https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/science-and-technology/2022/12/meet-the-worlds-first-and-only-cat-and-mouse-armourer

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

The prospect of anti-cat armour in the form of a spiked collar has occurred to me (in case of being pounced from behind by big kitties).

Kitties in my neck of the woods (not all felines):

Bush Kitty - Pine Marten
Bob Kitty - Bobcat
Snow Kitty - Lynx
Big Kitty - Mountain Lion / Cougar
Stinky Kitty - Striped Skunk
DON'T PET THE KITTIES!!!

I see the word Chateau on a lot of French wines... I always thought it denoted notes of cat's urine on the nose, more delicately phrased as 'cat water'. Apparently that is a desirable note for some wines.
https://timatkin.com/cork-talk/cats-pee/

Last make sure to douse yourself with eau de toilette before the tasting Post
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

I will never cease to be confused by the difference between toilette and toilet. In German there is no spelling difference to begin with and it comes down to pronunciation (twa-Let vs.tow-Let-te).

Wasn't there a novel (filmed several times) The Great Cats-Pee? [every day is lame pun day]

Last and Chateau d'If is a rather questionable place indeed Post

Aggie

I have enough trouble distinguishing between bidet and Biden.

One temporarily flushes the shit out of your orfice, the other temporarily flushed the shit out of office...

Last why does every American election feel like a South Park episode (about American elections) Post
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

The highest bidet wins in most cases nonetheless.

And turds CAN be polished (google it) [The Polish are still ruled by turds btw despite the decent opposition winning recently. The president still offered the PIS first option for forming a government despite their (do I have to say it?) p***-poor performance]

Do Japanese musical toilets play pieces by George Bidet exclusively?

Last feceslitations for the lamest pun(s) of the day? Post

Griffin

I keep finding evidence my mouse/mice are still around despite the poison the council put down. Not droppings but tears in plastic bags, always at mouse height and specific in shape. I don't know why it/they is/are obsessed with plastic; nothing in the bags is edible (toilet paper, clothes, etc). I am fed up with it.

Last   :2guns: stop the paws attacking Post
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Pour flour on the floor and look for footsteps (old recipe already found in the Bible).

I have heard cat urine is a good mouse repellant. No idea how repulsive it smells to humans though.
Birds can be scared with cries of bird of prey. Could recordings of cats have the same effect on mice?

Last can the Grim Squeaker be bribed? Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

My birds get scared of any other bird larger than them.

Last they don't like white herons, to name a specific case Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

But birds of prey can actually be significantly smaller than their prey.

Last and crows can gang up on them Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

They don't cry bloody murder if they see a crow.

Last they don't care if the bird is a heron (blue or white), a peacock (we had a visitor for a couple days) or an actual raptor, they will get properly spooked Post

Swatopluk

feather envy maybe?

Catch a crow and spraypaint it with rainbow colours. Then check the reactions of your birds.

Last airbrushing could be more gentle but carries higher risk of you getting hurt Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

There's plenty of research telling us that you shouldn't mess with crows because not only the individual will remember but (s)he will let all their buddies know and will remember for as long as your are alive.

Last not that surprising if you think about it Post

Aggie

I mess with the crows (mostly ravens, actually) around here a bit, but not in any malicious way. I just try my best to mimic them, and manage it well enough to have them circle around a few times looking for the strange crow with the terrible accent.  :mrgreen:

I think it spooks them a little, the way you'd feel if you heard a human-ish voice saying "Hello, Hello" from a tree, but kept looking and could only see a bird there...

The chickadees and nuthatches are my friends, though. After the bear ripped down my bird feeder this spring, I couldn't leave much food out for them, and started just putting a little bit of seed out on the railings of the deck for them (not enough to attract evening raiders). Once they got used to me providing for them, I tried hand-feeding them, and most are now brave enough to take seeds from my palm. The only problem is that the little beggars started to show up in mobs as soon as I got home from work or stepped out the back door, but they are a lot less intimidating than a murder of crows.

With the dark days here, I don't get to see them much anymore as I'm only home in daylight hours on the weekend. I did get to birdsit some budgies for friends for a few weeks and have some cheerful indoor companions (during which time I avoided contact with the wild birds - bird flu risk).  Started using the bird feeder again lately with the bears in bed, but have found that one or more hairy woodpeckers likes to pick through the seed in the feeder and scatter it all over the ground, wasting a lot of it (the deedees and nutters get some of the spilled seed but not all). I've taken to just scattering the day's ration on the deck in the morning, and have been rewarded by a small flock of pine grosbeaks showing up to feed. They do tend to displace the smaller birds, but my little friends are usually first on the scene and quick enough to get a share, I think.

Last nuthatches make me laugh, they sound like a pissed-off Donald Duck when they're telling off a competitor Post
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

I get the impression that there are more crows around these days. Not as many as 40 years ago by a long shot but they seemed to be a bit rare in between. I am a bit cautious around them given that they are rather heavy birds and can do a lot of damage, if angered.

Last that beak has a reputation of being armour-piercing Post

Griffin

Bears can wear armour but if they are top preditors don't actually need it.
https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-recaps/his-dark-materials-recap-season-1-episode-4-armour-913934/

Swato, re copyright, usually if you cite the origin usually it's not a problem. Can you anotate your cat and mouse?

I'd forgotten the flour on the floor trick.

Last Trouble is I'd freak out if I saw footsteps Post
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand