News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

God's aim still bad - Meteor hits Russia instead of Massachusetts

Started by Swatopluk, February 15, 2013, 09:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

It has been a constant prediction for many a year that any day God will finally lose His temper and patience about the godless ways of the US (tolerating gays and teaching evolution at school) and send signs of His wrath down on the worst perpetrators. In other words, a meteor strike on Boston is just around the corner, if we follow the warnings of famous US TV evangelists. Now the day has come and the meteor struck. But to everyone's surprise it did not land on Massachusetts or Southern Californi(c)a but in the Ural mountains (for our US minors: that's in Russia, the former Soviet Union). You might think the Evil Empire would be a natural target for divine retribution but why so shortly after the Russian parliament passed strong new laws (strongly supported by the church) against the gay agenda? Woud that not be exactly the wrong message? Or do we have to assume that His aim is that bad or that He set his timer wrong, so the hit came hours and thus thousands of miles off the intended target?

I assume His self-appointed spokespersons are not available for comment yet.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I'm sure the self appointed spokespeople will say that the ruskies are godless and that the meteorite is retribution for their multiple sins. It's inconsequential what the facts are because their flocks are so incredibly misinformed.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Still, if not in the US, the target should have been Sweden not Russia ;)

Griffin NoName

Hmmm. Our govt. has just voted for gay marriage. You'd think that be enough to be eligible for retribution.

Have any field trials been done for cause and effect for retribution?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

I thought the British were punished enough by having Tories run the show ;)

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Washington state just voted for Gay marriage.

Perhaps these two events caused god's aim to miss, and hit Russia instead?    ::)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

And France will have similar legislation passed soon enough, it passed one of the chambers and it is expected to pass in the other one.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Well, G#d lives well in France (proverbially).
HE would not want to spoil that by dropping burning rocks on the country.

Darlica

Quote from: Swatopluk on February 15, 2013, 10:02:05 PM
Still, if not in the US, the target should have been Sweden not Russia ;)

We've had ours already, thank you very much!  ;)
12 December last year

:)
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Opsa

The FSM has noodle arms. How the heck is he supposed to hit anything accurately with those? Give him a break.

Sibling DavidH

He's sighting in.  The first shot, in 1908, only zapped a load of trees in Siberia.  This one was a lot more effective.  If that was still off target, the 3rd shot will be in 2108, probably in the middle.

pieces o nine

Well, I was taught as a child that he hates commies...        ::)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

But why then did he drop the rock on them before the reds took over (1908) and after they stepped down (this week)?

pieces o nine

His ways are not our ways, nor are His thoughts our thoughts, nor is His  calendar our calendar...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677