News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Americans Defeat Russians in First Space Quidditch Match

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, April 01, 2007, 11:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Link to story

Explanation: A historic first Space Quidditch match came to a spectacular conclusion last night as astronaut Michael Lopez-Alegria caught the Golden Snitch to give the Americans a hard fought victory over the Russians. "The Russians used brilliant strategy, but only NASA had the T2KQMU (Thunderbolt 2000 Quidditch Maneuvering Unit)," commented Lopez-Alegria, pictured above squeezing the elusive Golden Snitch in his left hand.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

This sig area under construction.

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on April 01, 2007, 11:15:10 PM
Hi Bob. Been missin' you. :-*

Been workin' loong hours, with 2 hour drive _each way_.

But, the money's too good to pass up. (ain't it always?)

Couple to the very difficult time I've had getting into the monastery of late-- often 500 server errors, or just now, time-out.  I must exit the page, and re-click my bookmark.

So, with limited time, I usually just read stuff, and go...

Sibling Chatty

MB is workin' on the 500 errors.

Don't wear yourself out. I'ma read this and follow links shortly...after the d-o-g's b-a-t-h. (I have to spell it, he can hear when I THINK it, and hides.) Looks like a great article.

ivor

I'm not a loser.  It's my 15.95 a month plan that sucks.  ;D

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on April 02, 2007, 01:55:02 AM
MB is workin' on the 500 errors.

Don't wear yourself out. I'ma read this and follow links shortly...after the d-o-g's b-a-t-h. (I have to spell it, he can hear when I THINK it, and hides.) Looks like a great article.

Make careful note of the date.... ::)

Griffin NoName

Today's scientist writes "sunspots have been known for decades to be regions of the Sun that are slightly depressed".

I'm not sure if it's encouraging or scary that the Sun gets depressed too. I always look forward to the end of the long winter months and the sun cheers me up but perhaps I am wrong to feel like this? Has the Sun ever been tried on some of the newer drugs like Prozac?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

New project for NASA!!

Send a craft loaded with Wellbutrin to the Sun!

And, Bob, I knew it would be a AFDay thing, because I remembered the photo from the original release of it. (My phone number? Nope, not a clue, but some NASA photo from years ago?? Yep.)

Aggie

Quote from: Griffin NoName The Watson of Sherlock on April 02, 2007, 12:40:48 PMI'm not sure if it's encouraging or scary that the Sun gets depressed too. I always look forward to the end of the long winter months and the sun cheers me up but perhaps I am wrong to feel like this? Has the Sun ever been tried on some of the newer drugs like Prozac?

Surely it's not SAD?  Perhaps it's not getting enough light. ;)
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Agujjim on April 02, 2007, 10:30:20 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName The Watson of Sherlock on April 02, 2007, 12:40:48 PMI'm not sure if it's encouraging or scary that the Sun gets depressed too. I always look forward to the end of the long winter months and the sun cheers me up but perhaps I am wrong to feel like this? Has the Sun ever been tried on some of the newer drugs like Prozac?

Surely it's not SAD?  Perhaps it's not getting enough light. ;)

Does the sun get any light? That sounds like one of those Easy Questions for Swato's thread ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Personally, I think the sun spots are indicative of a teen-age sun.  Perhaps it just needs some pimple creme.

It would explain it's moodiness and tendency to variability.

Griffin NoName

Well it seems we all agree Big Pharma would be better focusing on curing the sun's ailments then. Anyone prepared to man the rockets?
Psychic Hotline Host