News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

21 of December does the world still stand?

Started by Darlica, December 20, 2012, 07:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darlica

So, it's been the 21 first of December for more than 6 hours in Australia now...

Any zombie infestations, strange quartets of horsemen, talking animals  etc. yet?

Please report your findings!

;)
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling DavidH

Nothing nasty in the UK, just more heavy rain, floods, roads blocked, cars trapped.  But that's normal nowadays.

Opsa

There's all sorts of interesting aspects about it here, none of which include zombies.

Griffin NoName

LoL! That site is off air at present Opsa, I suspect over-subscribed.

Here's a song to encourage forgiveness before we go.

[youtube=425,350]o7GDGv2GSlc[/youtube]

Anyone heard from Bluenose?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bluenose

Sorry guys, been a bit busy fighting off the zombie apocalypse.  No sign of the end of things, though.  Not that I would be able to notice it anyway what with all the rending of the earth, lightning and terrible winds and all that's been going on since midnight.  The dog really doesn't like the sounds of Armageddon, either.  I wish they'd all go away so I can keep a watch out for the end of the world, it's really all a bit of a distraction...
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

All's quiet here on the Western Front.  ::)

The wind's fierce out of the North, though-- that could be a sign of the firestorms to come.   But, we call this part of the world the "tornado belt" so strong winds from the North are really nothing unusual. 

They are talking of snow next week-- that'd be quite lovely, if true.   I rather like snow, even while my lungs struggle with the cold temperatures.    But I have a warm hat, and a warm coat, and plenty to eat, so no apocalypse for me-- not yet at any rate.  (but as I wrote that, I'm thinking of the billions on Earth who cannot say the same... and I get a bit melancholy knowing there's nothing I can do about it....)

There's an event tonight or tomorrow (I forget--probably won't go anyway) that's meeting in a local pub to celebrate the last night on earth.  I'd go, except I despise being around drunks (not being a drinker myself), so I'd rather not, thanks.  :D  I probably should loosen up a wee bit, but there you go.  ::)

I'll check back once the 'Pock'lypse is over. 
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

I was reading that site mentioned above, which right now seems to be back on again. Whoa, it was a lot to absorb. Basically though, it seems that the world is not ending without also starting again and the idea is to start again with it. Let go of bad feelings, bitterness and guilt and embrace sane responsibility for yourself and for the world. Work as part of the universe for the benefit of the universe. It is like we have been in spiritual adolescence and now we have to become spiritual adults. No end. Just a subtle beginning.

Swatopluk

You fools, the date of prophecy applies to the Julian calendar. In a few weeks the end will come and only the Copts and Orthodox Christians will be prepared.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Opsa

I hope they've packed. Can we wave them bye-bye?

Naw, that wasn't too taddy of me. Sorry!

Darlica

Quote from: Bluenose on December 20, 2012, 08:50:26 PM
Sorry guys, been a bit busy fighting off the zombie apocalypse.  No sign of the end of things, though.  Not that I would be able to notice it anyway what with all the rending of the earth, lightning and terrible winds and all that's been going on since midnight.  The dog really doesn't like the sounds of Armageddon, either.  I wish they'd all go away so I can keep a watch out for the end of the world, it's really all a bit of a distraction...

;D
Does the dog has it's tongue firmly pressed in it's cheek too?  :ROFL:  

Here it's half past midnight it's a bit cold, the sky as it's usual cloudy greyish black colour. The only unusual thing is that there are actually machines and people out there clearing the snow of the streets... which is about bl**dy time since most of it fell 14 days ago!
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Swatopluk

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Opsa on December 20, 2012, 09:31:23 PM
Let go of bad feelings, bitterness and guilt and embrace sane responsibility for yourself and for the world.

Well I did put the Forgiveness song up above................

It's 1 a.m. here now and deathly quiet; so quiet there may be nothing outside my bedroom any more. Too scared to go and look :o
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bluenose

Well it's 12:45 pm and still no sign of the end of the world.

Oh, hang on, what are these four riders coming down the street?

Oh, silly me, it's just the postman...
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Bluenose

Well it's after midnight and the world hasn't ended.  What a gyp!

Opsa

It's 9:45 am December 21st here on the east coast of the USA. It is a beautiful morning! It's breezy and cool (must be the cool breezes they were talking about on that site- a sign of clearing out the chakras?) but sunny.

Happy solstice, happy new era, siblings! Love! Peace! All that Twinkie jazz! Whee!

Swatopluk

Opsa

Swatopluk

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)