News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

An Open Letter...

Started by Afterglow, November 15, 2012, 08:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afterglow

November 14, 2012

An open letter to Senator/Captain John McCain:

Mr. McCain,

There was a time that my admiration of you and an unquestioned respect was immense.  I felt that respect for you for many things that you have done but chief among them is your declination to an offer to be given your freedom from the Hanoi Hilton...  It was obvious that you stayed to provide the much needed leadership to your fellow prisoners.   In my eyes that made you a true hero.

Well Captain, your showing of disrespect for yourself and your prejudicial attack of Susan Rice was less than a representation of the Officer that I knew in the Navy.  (The definition that I am using for [prejudice] in this case is: FORMING AN OPINION BEFORE ACTUALLY KNOWING THE FACTS.)  And in doing that you have lost me as one of your cheerleaders.

I would suggest that you do a bit of homework to find out who and what a person is before making a verbal attack on them.  Methinks you should at least complete your [requested] select committee investigation of the president and his admiration and what Susan Rice said.

If I am wrong about my assessment of this subject I apologize. 

No matter which side of the coin is right or wrong I wish you would quit acting like a locked-and-loaded full-time pissed-off "old white man."

Still in service to our great nation,

Joe Kenneth Eshleman
Master Chief Petty Officer; CWO-4; Lieutenant USN (Retired).

JUST HERE but sometimes THERE!

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling DavidH

Well done, Afterglow!  There are still occasions for us old farts to stand up and be counted, and your history entitles you to be taken seriously.

DavidH, formerly Flight-Lieutenant

Aggie

WWDDD?

pieces o nine

Well done, Afterglow!   

I know the squidlings drained your luminenscence, neutralizing the drive-by spambots, but there is a whole new glow around you now...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Roland Deschain

Well said, Afterglow. No matter how I feel about the guy, or have done for many years, i'm truly sorry that you've lost faith in someone you once held in high regard. I know how that feels, as i've been through it myself. Here's to hoping your letter gets read by him personally.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers