News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

American church group arrested on Haitian border.

Started by Sibling DavidH, February 01, 2010, 10:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling DavidH

American church group arrested on Haitian border accused of abducting children
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article7009970.ece
Note this bit:
QuoteIt was claimed last night that most of the children had living relatives and did not appear to know where they were going.
A government official described the group's action as an "abduction".

But GOD told them what was right.  How could anybody obstruct His holy work?  Blasphemy!  >:(

Griffin NoName

As far as I gathered, they were claiming they did not understand about paperwork. :irony:
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Which forms do you need to fill up in order to brainwash children?*
:brainbleech: :brainbleech: :brainbleech:

* I should acknowledge my ignorance on the details of the case or the alleged good/evil intentions of the perpetrators.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Nothing new here. In the past it was kidnapping/abducting/"saving" Jewish* children, now they changed to (presumed) voodoo (hopefully**) orphans. Get them while they are young and impressionable <bad taste>(and get them before Madonna and Jolie*** arrive and beat us to it)</bad taste>

*or in other parts of the world Aboriginal, Slav etc.
**complaining relatives make for bad press
***btw among the first to donate BIG time (1 million $)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on February 02, 2010, 03:24:37 AM
Which forms do you need to fill up in order to brainwash children?

School admission papers.   :devil2:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America....
WWDDD?

Sibling DavidH

Quote from: Agujjim on February 02, 2010, 04:03:46 PM
Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on February 02, 2010, 03:24:37 AM
Which forms do you need to fill up in order to brainwash children?
School admission papers.   :devil2:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America....

:ROFL: :ROFL:

Opsa

Yep, sadly some over-zealous Christians did the same sort of thing with Native American Children in North America. This is not to dis Christians, just the over-zealous.

I watched the news story about this last night and even though they swear innocence, I just couldn't believe them. People from the U.S. really ought to know about paperwork. Please- we do enough of it every year at tax time, at the very least! There's really no excuse for their ignorance. I'm not saying I know the whole story, but my gut feeling is that they were trying to get way with whisking off those children. (Apparently some of the kids and parents thought they were going on a vacation- eerily close to what was told to the Native American families not so long ago.) If ignorance of the law is no excuse, those people need to stay in jail and think about things for a while.

Moving people's kids around is no minor matter. If anyone ever whisked away my kid, I would go ballistic.

Aggie

Quote from: Opsanus tau on February 02, 2010, 05:56:36 PM
Yep, sadly some over-zealous Christians did the same sort of thing with Native American Children in North America. This is not to dis Christians, just the over-zealous.

It was official government policy up here for a while, and the damage is still apparent today. :P
WWDDD?

Opsa

You gotta wonder- has it never occurred to them how upset they'd be if someone took their kids with the purpose of teaching them some foreign Hoodoo in order to "save" them? It's bigotry.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

But see, their religion is wrong and ours is right.
::) >:( :barf:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

The Meromorph

Apparently they went to about 20 legitimate orphanages, simply asking for '50 children'. They had no paperwork, and would only say they were taking them to the Dominican Republic.
All the orphanages turned them down, and several reported them as 'obvious child traffickers'. Then they apparently gave up trying to get '50 children' from orphanages, and went to a remote (and destroyed) village and persuaded parents with no food for their children, that they would 'look after them', telling the mother of one 10 year old girl that she would be back, 'sometime in the future'.

I hope they get the death penalty.
Dances with Motorcycles.

ivor

Somebody has to do something about those crazy Baptist...  I was raised Southern Baptist and they weren't that bad then...