News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Auto Identity

Started by Griffin NoName, February 01, 2010, 12:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Cars in the UK are having their identity stolen.

This does not bode well for domestic robots!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Griffin NoName on February 01, 2010, 12:22:49 AM
Cars in the UK are having their identity stolen.

This does not bode well for domestic robots!

As I see it the fault lies fully with your DMV (or equivalent).  They are using 19th century identity methods in a 21st century society.   It's ridiculous in a modern day-an-age, to be relying on paper documents which can be easily duplicated, altered or copied. 

So thieves stole some paper forms-- change the frikkin' forms!  If all the existing forms had been in secure electronic databases, then they could've been updated to a new standard by simple programming by people with secure access, instantly rendering the stolen forms useless-- or immediately turning them into red-flags for police.

Bureaucracy:  the bane of civilizations everywhere.  But, alas, like ~ssholes-- everyone has and needs one to live...
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

I think you forgot 1 or 2  ";)", Bob. ;)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling DavidH

Bob, your last comment puts the finger on where the problem lies; but please, don't ever encourage the UK government to start or modify any IT project, anywhere.  It'll cost  billions and fail after several years.
But those forms didn't just 'go missing'.  According to a BBC radio report they were sent for shredding and never got to the shredder.  Theft inside a government department.  Well, well.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: DavidH on February 01, 2010, 09:53:36 AM
Bob, your last comment puts the finger on where the problem lies; but please, don't ever encourage the UK government to start or modify any IT project, anywhere.  It'll cost  billions and fail after several years.
But those forms didn't just 'go missing'.  According to a BBC radio report they were sent for shredding and never got to the shredder.  Theft inside a government department.  Well, well.

Corruption within a bureaucracy?  Impossible!

::)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

Problems with data loss is not a new thing. Back in the early '70's I worked for the NHS and a lorry load of sensitive diagnostic forms being transported got blown off in a high wind and scattered far and wide.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand