News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Continuous Briny Fable

Started by DaveL, October 02, 2006, 07:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagle

...crewman's cabin. It was an unremarkable room, sparsely furnished in general, though perhaps a little over-supplied on the chains and black leather front for the boatswain's personal taste. After pausing briefly to flick through the Playbilge "Asian Mermaids" special edition he had found hidden under the mattress he discovered, (cunningly concealed inside a fake rhinoceros), an old wooden trunk labelled "Davy Jones' locker - to be kept until called for"...

The angels have the phone box

Black Bart

...the boatswain swore under his breath...
"Davy Jones's Locker...by the shavins off me peg leg, it can't be! Why the Captain must be under a curse...that explains why he's got such a small..."
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

DaveL

**YArrrr...do Oi smell an innuendo-a-thon comin up?**

...vocabulary.  He jus' keep gibberin' away about sumthin', which Oi can't understand.

'YArrr...maybe if yer stopped treadin on his foot, he might be able to speak.'

That voice came from a lovely vision which had entered the room, complete with cooking pot and chcolate laden spatula. Pirgella Lawson, kitchen goddess had returned.

Now then, where is Black Bart and DaveL, we have unfinished business?...
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Griffin NoName

...barely had she finished speaking when the door was flung open and Capn Hossenfeffer strode manfully into the cabin and swept her off her.....
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Black Bart

...enormous feet.  Her large feet had often come in handy, steadying her when she was hard at work in the galley durin a storm. The big feet also helped to support her massive...

beagle

...reputation as a useful midfield sweeper, established when a temporary lull in the catering business led to twenty English caps, and one Dutch.

"You seem pleased to see me" she said, "why on earth...

The angels have the phone box

DaveL

...did you blighters leave me behind in Portsmouth?

'Arrrgghh...well Pirgella, last time we saw you, you were running the streets stark raving mad with a carving knife' said Bart.

'Oh, yes that. That horrible DaveL broke me heart, dumping me to sing in that Pirate boyband' said Pirgella.

'I've had a good girly chat with Saucy Gert at the Admiral Benbow and I feel much better now.'

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Griffin NoName

....my headache has gone and I think I might even feel up to a bit of.....
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Black Bart

...blancmange wobbling and that's just for afters.  For the main course I'm thinking of getting out my huge...

Sibling Chatty

carving knife, and cutting into that spectacular...
This sig area under construction.

Bluenose

Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

The Black Spot

...pork chops.

Pirella looked around. "Or is there something else that you might fancy instead?" she simpered.

Cap'n H removed his hat. "Arrr..." he said "It's been months since I've had a decent...

DaveL

...role in the Continuous Briny Fable (or other). P'raps you'll allow me to reacquiant with me former parrot friend Sinhoff.

'We'll erm, I'm sorry to say it Capn H. but Sinhoff got a lady parrot friend these days' said Bart.

'He hasn't seen her for weeks and he's flown over to her place for a...

Calico Jack

Today everything is different; there's no action, have to wait around like everyone else. Can't even get decent food, right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce and I got egg noodles and ketchup. I'm an average nobody, get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.

Black Bart

...aspirin.

"YYYAAARRR", said Capn H. it so appens I've got a terrible migraine from re-appearin in the briny fable, ye wouldn't happen to have a spare aspirin?"

"Sorry", said Bart "The Parrotseatamol!"

THWWWAAAAACK...Bart copped an apple strudle round the ear from Pirgella for usin the same bad joke at least twice in the Briny Fable.  Bart had to be rushed to Portsmouth hospital with concussion, threatenin his role as striker in Piratica's Champions League challenge.

"Nurse, nurse you've got to help him," said Capn H, "he's completely sensless." 

Nurse: You can say that again...I've tasted his 'Fish Head Stew!' We'll have to check his neural responses, stick this pin in his leg.

Capn H. No response nurse it's worse than we thought...

Nurse: Try the other leg, there's less wood in it!

Unfortunately for Bart Capn H tripped and stuck the needle right into Bart's...