News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Ask Aunty Black Robe

Started by DaveL, September 27, 2006, 01:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveL

Dear Siblings and Mateys,

Your Agony Aunt is now open for business in the Monastery. If you have any Piratical or Monastical concerns that need addressing by non-divine intervention, please ask. You may also pretend to be Aunty Black Robe and provide us with your infinite wisdom.

RAmen.

Let the Agony Begin!
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Dear Auntie Black Robe,

As a Toadfish, I try to be as tolerant as possible, but I'm having trouble in one area: I'm lactose intolerant.  Is there anything you can suggest to help me be more tolerant and understanding of my dairy-based foodfriends?

Sincerely,

Trying in Toronto

Bluenose

Dear Trying,

You cannot be held responsible for the merely physical properties of your body.  Try being spiritually tolerant of lactose, even as you avoid the unfortunate consequences of actually ingesting the stuff, by not eating any.

So long as you tolerate the existance of lactose, even its proximaty to yourself, good karma will flow.  No one said you have to eat it to tolerate it.

Aunty Black Toast.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Dear Aunty Black Robe

As a toadfish sibling, I strive to be tolerant of all forms of life, including those small 6-legged creatures that are currently inhabiting my kitchen.

There are many of these, and I have taken to giving them names.  There's George, Donald, Richard, Condie and their many, many siblings: George II, George III and so on.

My problem is this:  even though I'm trying to be tolerant, every time I see little George IV or George XIV scurrying for the dark corners, what I really want to do is squash'em with my foot - or worse, I want to introduce strong poisons and wipe out the lot of 'em.

What's a person to do?
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

The Black Spot

Dear Bob,

ye have to be true to yerself. Ye are hamstrung between yer humanity an' yer spiritual self. The moral side o' ye thinks that all things should live, while yer spiritual side recognises that ye'll be doin' em a favour by crushin them under yer boot (the varmints will be re-incarnated as something better).

I often had the same dilemma when raidin' a merchant ship.

Well, I be sure the merchants be much happier as goats or badgers or something.

Griffin NoName

Dear Auntie Black Robe

Oi be shocked ter ear thet somefolk be impersonatin ye. Can this be true?

In fact, Oi erd a lot of rumers abowt a lot of fings but most be unmentionable.

Anuver fing Oi erd was that ther Black Bart bin an ran off wiv all the cutlasses everyone as bin leavin at the door of the Monastery an no one knows where e be hidin.

Oi be puttin bungs in me ears from now on.

Lord Cap'n Earl Field Marshall (Water Div) Treadmill Snr.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

Now that is funny. I have the vapors!

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: NoName on September 28, 2006, 01:19:56 AM
Dear Auntie Black Robe

Oi be shocked ter ear thet somefolk be impersonatin ye. Can this be true?

In fact, Oi erd a lot of rumers abowt a lot of fings but most be unmentionable.

Anuver fing Oi erd was that ther Black Bart bin an ran off wiv all the cutlasses everyone as bin leavin at the door of the Monastery an no one knows where e be hidin.

Oi be puttin bungs in me ears from now on.

Lord Cap'n Earl Field Marshall (Water Div) Treadmill Snr.

Remember that Black Bart has been fitted wif the Pirate electronnicle watchin and trackin'  boot...an' that the constabulary of the arear is well aware of his darstarly ways. They's goin' ter git him a metermaid outfit, as he been spendin' so much time in the gutters...he can mark tyres while he's crawlin thru.

Bart woodn't take all them cutlasses. He learnd a long time ago to niver steal more that yer able ter carry.
This sig area under construction.

DaveL

Dear Aunty Blackrobe,

YArrrr..

In me days with the Corsairs of Tunis, Oi wuz employed as a code breaker to decipher the Ottoman communications.

During a recent trip to a Museum in Paris, this Albino geezer in a monks robe started chasin me through the museum.

Ee said Oi 'had sumthin very valuable and ter hand it over. Oi barely escaped wiv me loife....Yarrrrr!

As Oi be a pirate monk. How should Oi's handle this varmint. Oi thinks is name was 'Mr Opus Day'

YArrrrrs sincerely

Capn MIDL

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Bluenose

Dear Cap'n MIDL,

Oi be not wantin ter take Aunty Black Robe's place but even as a recent convert ter the ways o' th' Toadfish, it seems ter me that ye'd be foine takin the blaggards 'ead orf wiv yer cutlass so long as ye do it in a 'umble and respeckful way.

Cap'n One-Eye Nick
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

The Black Spot

Dear Cap'n MIDL

Cap'n Bluenose be right. I's heard o' this "Hopeless Dave" monk, an' ye can feel free to hack away at 'im. I hears he enjoys it.

DaveL

YArrrrr...

Mr Opus also likes to whip 'imself stupid as an act of contrition.  He would 'ave loved being on my ship.  He could have saved me the trouble of regular crew floggins.

Maybe if Oi can makes 'im feel guilty enough, he'll flog 'imself to death.

YArrrrrr...

Calico Jack

Opus was asked to leave The Black Spot's ship as the floggings were not severe enough.  Last I heard Spot was using a Knout
Today everything is different; there's no action, have to wait around like everyone else. Can't even get decent food, right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce and I got egg noodles and ketchup. I'm an average nobody, get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Dear Auntie,

Quote from: Bluenose on September 27, 2006, 11:02:01 PM
No one said you have to eat it to tolerate it.

Aunty Black Toast.

Umm... really?  Wow.  Is my face ever red!

Do you know of any cannibal support groups?  Something along the lines of a "Human-anon"?

Sincerely,

Was Trying, Now Confused, In Toronto

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Human-anon? I thought that as with the AA meetings the first thing you did was to say your name.

On the topic of tolerance and cannibalism, perhaps you should talk to the nice German chap that ate a very willing volunteer.

Personally as Human (and anon  :D) the only form of cannibalism I support is metaphoric and with my significant other.  ;D ;D ;D
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.