News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Fleet Registry

Started by Bruder Cuzzen, June 11, 2007, 09:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruder Cuzzen

ARRR!, Awast!, Shiver me timbers!, Yarr Mateys ,

It has jus acurd ta me whist seerchin fer a nu postin' thru playbilge magazine imployment secshun dat dere aint no comprehensive (my, dat be a big word ) listin of all Taodfish vessels.

Eyes sorlee duz wud like ta have dem all listid soze i kin desides which ships i shud mootney on foist an so fort.

Eyes kin recollet a feu ships an der Capn's names : Raging Queen, Lance la Fleur

The Flighty Queen
The Gaudy Queen
The Dowdy Queen

Naughty Navel, Bertha La Fleur

The Pile o' Junk, He Hun Lo

Mabees Admiral DaveL wud be so piraty enuff  as ta list da growin fleet on paper offishal like da Roil Navee duz?

Eyes nose dis maybee diffycolt sins deres bin bout two yeers or so of feverish pirate ship biulding en such.

Sinsearly, Wun Eyd Jack.

Black Bart

YYYAAARRRRRR...a good idea matey...record their names with pride for most of em be rottin hulks at the bottom of the oceans.  Twill take some research but two I can remember what I sailed on the virtual Seven Seas are:

The Big Brenda - A Massive ship named after a Massive Lady

The Belinda Carlisle

She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

DaveL

YArrrr...

Portsmouth has two main shipping works. The Argghhh Shipping Works and the similarly named and manufactured Hrrrggga Shipping Works.

The Arggghh Shipping works is responsible for the well known best seller The Arghhh 9000, while Hrrrggga (totally bereft of original ideas) has countered with the (slightly cheaper copy cat) 'Hhhrrga 009'.

Portsmouth is also under competition from those Korean 'Hyun-dog' galleons, complete with plastic decking, rubber masts and a 5 year warantee. Problem is they tend to melt during intense sea battles.

YArrr. Oi be likin your idea too matey.
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Aggie

Quote from: DaveL on June 11, 2007, 12:46:01 PMPortsmouth is also under competition from those Korean 'Hyun-dog' galleons, complete with plastic decking, rubber masts and a 5 year warantee. Problem is they tend to melt during intense sea battles.

Oi think ye's got them confused with the 'Sia' brand....  Hyundai builds a solid ship:
QuoteHyundai Heavy Industries is the world's largest shipbuilder, a major builder of Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, and one of the fastest growing companies in construction equipment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Heavy_Industries

Brother Cuzzen might remember a cook what used to sail aboard an earlier Korean model:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtle_ship
WWDDD?

Bruder Cuzzen

Why I be keel hauled!!  Dat dere ship be named da "Wat Moi Wurry?" Eyes duz member  been on board fur a cupel  munz wun weeken.

Eyes canna recall da Capn, butt the cooks name wuz  No Un Yunz.

Me tanks to ye Agujjim, dat be wun more ship fur da registry!

Black Bart

AAARRRGH...That looks more loik a Floatin Chinese restaurant than a ship! ;D

Aggie

Quote from: Brother Cuzzen on June 12, 2007, 08:05:09 AM
Why I be keel hauled!!  Dat dere ship be named da "Wat Me Wurry?" Eyes duz member  been on board fur a cupel  munz wun weeken.

Eyes canna recall da Capn, butt the cooks name wuz  No Un Yunz.

Aye, I've think ye's got the ship's name right, 'twas appropriate for an ironclad that carries five different types o' cannons:

but mayhaps the cook's name is wrong?  No Un Yunz wouldn't last long on a Korean ship.
WWDDD?

Bruder Cuzzen

ARR! Uh be cowrecked , No Un Yunz wuz replaced by Mo Gar Lec.

Black Bart

AAARRRRGH...Bein 'Cowrecked'...Be that when, in most hunfortunate circumstances, a large Cow falls on Ye? ;D

Bruder Cuzzen

ARGH! I dun misspelt cowreck.

Aggie

Quote from: Brother Cuzzen on June 13, 2007, 08:04:23 AM
ARR! Ye be cowrecked , No Un Yunz wuz replaced by Mo Gar Luc.

Aye, I remember ol' Mo Gar Luc...  Mani Manul, they used to call 'im!

I a'in't been cow-wrecked but I've gotten quite sh@twrecked drinking rum in the Shipwreck (bar in El Nido).  Stumblin' home is much trickier in a typhoon, especially with no lights past midnight and half the town flooded out...

WWDDD?

Bruder Cuzzen

ARGH! Eyes been shanghaied many a toime for the same reesons.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Oi'd like to register me own fleet, though it be small.

Me lead ship is the Piratical!, while me second in command runs the Lady Calico.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Bruder Cuzzen

ARRR! Thank Ye Matey,yer contrubushun be noted.

While eyes be heer isle make note of the" Eat My Pantaloons" , a 20 gun frigate in Black Barts fleet ,had a loverly dinner dere wonce.

Aggie

Ye's can list Darlica an' I as bein' the new pirate chefs aboard the same ship...   but Oi's dunno the name.  'Tis said it's painted on the bottom o' the hull, and those what asks get to find out first-hand during the keelhauling.

The captain goes by Captain Kitty, though....  there be strange creatures aboard, but they permitted passage to this here monk.
WWDDD?