News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Let's Get Officially Listed - TLAP

Started by DaveL, January 30, 2007, 11:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveL

Gang,

I would like yers all to do some homework.

The time has come for us to get ourselves an official web link at the Talk Like A Pirate Day Website.

I have recently written to The Webwench at TLAP to get the Toadfish Monaster offically listed.

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/links.html
webwench@talklikeapirate.com

As Oi am yet to hear from her, Oi 'aves no choice but to unleash the full contingent of scurvy letter writers tellin' Webwench to get us listed.

Here be me letter:

QuoteDear TLAP lads and Webwench,

Oi loves yer website and I spent last September in full regalia on a Louisiana Paddle Steamer - YArrrghh!

I was writin' to you let you about our humble piratey abode located at The Toadfish Monastery. We are a gang (many of us pirates) who set sail from the Flying Spaghetti Monster forum (Venganza) to start up a new website last year.

If you like a good saucy laugh and a nice dose nautical nonsense, this be a fine place.  We have a number of jolly threads which have taken the old salty sea dog concept and given pirate life a 'modern twist':

- Our own saucy mens mag called 'Playbilge';
- A Scumsoft Computer Help desk;
- A newspaper called the Portsmouth Aaaarrrgghgus;
- An online selling site called Arggh-bay;
- An official soccer team The Piratica Monastical Football Club
- Ye Pirate Insult Challenge

Arrgghhh, here be the links for yer enjoyment -

Here be the main page:

http://toadfishmonastery.com/

Here be the Piratey section:

http://toadfishmonastery.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=18&board=5.0

Given the work the lads have put in, I reckon it be worthy of an official listing on yer Talk Like A Pirate site.

Whaddyer Reckon?

Koind Regards (and yours in scurviness)

Captain DaveL

Now get writin' and tell her she'll be keelhauled if she don't write back approvingly, YARRR!! Best post your letter here too, so we can all sob when she ignores us repeatedly. Yaarrggh!
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Black Bart

As ye had any reply yet Dave?
Or do we ave to get the grapeshot ready!
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

DaveL

YArrrr...

We haves a response lads and it's all good. Oi had to raise some hell wifs Jezebel, but she has promised to deliver the goods.

Quote: DaveL
Quote> Where are yer Webwench? Have yer bin keelhauled? We haven't heard from ye!
> We've bin urgently waitin to hear from ye.

Quote Jezebel:

QuoteRelax, mate. It's not like we do this fer a livin', ye know? I have a day job that keeps me from updatin' the pirate site more than once a month, except right around September.

I'll be addin' yer link sometime in th' next few weeks.

Jezebel
Webwench to the Pirate Guys

YArrr, she be a feisty one ideeed!

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Black Bart

YYYAAARRRR...Shiver me Fish heads she must be decended from Anne Bonny!!!!

Griffin NoName

A roight Jezebel. Wot's wiv all this once a month melarky. Sounds typical lily livered womens stuff and nonsense ter me.

Lord Cap'n Earl Viscount Baronet Miss Treadmill-Ogynist.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

DaveL

YArrrr...we are officially listed on the TLAPD website. Here's the entry:

QuoteToadfish Monastary. It's ... a monastary. With pirate stuff. Including forums and a pirate men's magazine called Playbilge. Hey, we've seen stranger things.

Griffin NoName

Well strip me vittals wiv varnish, that be good news.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Black Bart

AAARRRRGH...Be careful wiv that varnish me hearty...ye never know when ye moight need to varnish yer peg leg against the helements!

I'll ave a look at this new fangled 'Talk Loik a Pirate' website...perhaps it can teach me how to avoid deaf nurses!

Bruder Cuzzen

Yarrrr! DaveL!! 

Eyes apollogize fer not congrat trulaten use before fer yer efferts.

As de chef wood say...,Well Dun Matey!