News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Parrots

Started by Griffin NoName, January 28, 2007, 02:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Nominations please for this year's Parrot Awards.

Categories:

Best Boarding Party
Best Treasure Haul
Best Cap'n
Best Cabin Boy
Best Ship

and of course as ever,

Best Parrot
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

DaveL

YArrrr...

Oi nominates

Best Boarding Party

The Piratica Soccer Team, the most scary bunch of murderers ever let into a soccer stadium

Best Treasure Haul

Bustling Brian for his distillery pipe business.

Best Cap'n

Griffin, fer keepin us lads on our toes

Best Cabin Boy

YArrr, Oi 'ave no oidea what yer mean. Ask Black Bart, he knows about that sort of thing. How about Harris, for his recent appearance in the Briny Fable.

Best Ship

The Argghhh 9001, for it's bonus submarine features and underwater handling, thanks to Capn Cronan

Best Parrot

Sinhoff for service to the Briny Fable
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Black Bart

YArrrr...

Oi nominates

Best Boarding Party

All those nice girl pirates what have appeared in Playbilge...they can board my ship any toim they wants!

Best Treasure Haul

Capn Cronan's Bottle o Grog Vouchers...where in Blind Pew's underpants is it?

Best Cap'n

Capn Dave L fer his role in the Blockbuster film: Pirates of Portsmouth (I hopes he don't win though cos his acceptance speach'l go on fer months! Ha... I can talk!

Best Cabin Boy

The Black Spot's cabin boy...fer havin survived this long!!!!!

Best Ship

The Big Brenda...er, that be my ship!

Best Parrot

The Norwegian Blue
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Calico Jack

Yarrrr...

Me Nominations be:-

Best Boarding Party

The health inspectors on Black Bart's ship, they closed down his kitchen to prevent him from cooking up his rancid Fish Head Stew.

Best Treasure Haul

750 Crates of Rum pilfered by The Black Spot from a merchant ship which equals about a day's supply to his drunken swabs

Best Cap'n

Capn Dave L fer his role of Brenderella in the seasonal Pantomime.  Never has an actor looked less convincing as a fair maiden. Never has a fair maiden had such a splendid beard.

Best Cabin Boy

Black Bart's Cabin Boys for having to survive on Fish Head Stew.  Well they did,t actually, Black Bart had 50 cabin Boys dying of Food Poisoning every month last year.

Best Ship

Any Ship that is faster than Cap'n Cronan's vessel.

Best Parrot

The Duck and Parrot in Portsmouth.  Fine fayre, Grog an a tidy wench are all available at a reasonable rate.
Today everything is different; there's no action, have to wait around like everyone else. Can't even get decent food, right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce and I got egg noodles and ketchup. I'm an average nobody, get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.