News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Ye Ammock Fund

Started by Griffin, January 14, 2007, 04:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin

Me an me frend NoName as an umble concern fer the many ancient mariners adrift afloat on the igh sees wiv downroight old smelly sodden useless ammocks. Ye ancient mariner Pirates be espesscially needy an Oi's opin ye'all'll giv gennerusly.

We be collectin fer an Annual Ye Ammock Fund Ocean Sayle ter boost Ye Ammock Fund's finansees.

We alreddy as a few luvly lookin pig's trotters donatted by Big Ron which we rekkon will go fer at least 2 cronins if they avent gawn off by Sayle time. An if they as, we'll be chargin 2 cronins ter sniff em. Win-Win.

So, search yer ships an send us yer best.

Deliveries ter be left in the grey dustbin beind The Admiral Benbow.
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

Oi'd be most pleazd ter donate a lurvly sewin' macheen, eksellent fer patchin' yer sails or a bit o' fancy stichin' for the pantomimes costumes.

It's a lurvly pale pink one, made by the Atlas Company many yars ago, but it be sturdy enough to sew the cannonballs onter the brass monkey.

Mendin' 'ammocks wif it might be possible but that wouldn't 'elp wif th' smell... :P
This sig area under construction.

goat starer

I may have some wool to spare
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

The Meromorph

Oi'd like ter perlitely 'int ter me piraticky comrades that, if yer were ter avoid fartin' in yer hammock (a quiet trip ter the scuppers might be a suggestion) then not only moight yer hammock last longer, but yer shipmates moight be more kindly disposed ter yer continued companionship.

Your's respecktfully,

Cabin Boy Carter (the Farter).
Dances with Motorcycles.

Griffin

Ther sewin machine may be worth a fortune. Oi umbly advise ye ter tek on ther antique road show. The we could fix our prices ! Since it be pink, and despite havin to ditch me opinions on ther Pink Breast Cancer media hype (fer a number of reasons), I see no reason not to organise it as a prize entry item fer the raffle. I ken see sum slogans already: Forget Cancer, ye allus wanted pink breasts, win the chance to sew yer own. Ere be the best pink machine. Impress your home town support group by yer ingenuity and good taste. Optional extra: excellent fer pink ammocks too.

Goat, would yer mind if we go for the pink theme, if we died yer wool pink? We could av a compertion ter guess the evolution of pink goats; a goat sheering competition ter see who can goat sheer fastest with fewest blood lettings. Finally we could pass the pink wool to the knitters fer the Best Ammock compertition.

A good point Quasi. Oi as written to Herr Proffessor Winton-Wartson asking im ter investigate nautical farting. Oi've requested e keeps quiet about his findings - poor man is so naieve.

Once we as sawted out the competition entry fees, we can start price up the junk gifts that folks are sendin in.
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

DaveL

YArrrr...

Oi luvs the colour pink...ooopps Oi shouldn't be revealin me private dressin' habits.  :-[

Arghhh, we can get the pirate bands back together and raise some funds for yer most noble cause.

We be aiming to call it 'Hammock-aid'

Yarr!
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

goat starer

Quote from: Griffin on January 15, 2007, 04:17:06 AM

Goat, would yer mind if we go for the pink theme, if we died yer wool pink? We could av a compertion ter guess the evolution of pink goats; a goat sheering competition ter see who can goat sheer fastest with fewest blood lettings. Finally we could pass the pink wool to the knitters fer the Best Ammock compertition.

are ye saying yer humble revolutionary Goat has capitalist pinko tendancies?

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Black Bart

I beat yer score on Frogger...I did, I did, I did...
Blasted computers...Blasted Scumsoft...

I thinks I need ta visit me ships doctor fer advice on addiction to Arcade Games!  I aint picked me cutlass up in weeks!

What's all that about Hammocks?

We uses sacks on my boat...and they be left over from the Fish Head deliveries!
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

goat starer

Quote from: Black Bart on January 15, 2007, 12:52:17 PM
I beat yer score on Frogger...I did, I did, I did...
Blasted computers...Blasted Scumsoft...

thats not what it says on the high score table <smirks>
As it stands I am the undisputed master of the arcade and if I hadn't got overexcited on 77,000 I would have kiyos tetris title.

That said I have not got a chance in hell of taking the simple simon crown.

so get bak t'yer cutlass practice and dont ye be cummin back till yer frogger skills befit a poirate! Yer scurvy TOAD!

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

DaveL

Quote from: goat starer on January 15, 2007, 03:11:20 PM

That said I have not got a chance in hell of taking the simple simon crown.

That Simon score of 38 sent me temporily insane. However, as I am already permanently insane, I barely noticed...YArrrr!

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

goat starer

Quote from: DaveL on January 15, 2007, 10:21:56 PM

That Simon score of 38 sent me temporily insane. However, as I am already permanently insane, I barely noticed...YArrrr!

you think you have problems! my pathological need to get a clean sweep has been driving me up the wall! I cant rest till the Arcade is mine!!! MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

But yer losing yer ground t'ere!

Bart 'as beaten you in Frogger.

I remain t'e King of Tetris!!!!

Yaaaaaaaarrrrr!!!!

I'm back..

Black Bart

Well said thar Kiyoodle...

But what about the Hammocks?...I be fed up o sleepin on the poop deck!
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

DaveL

YArrrrr...

Oi still be wunderin where they got the name 'poop' from.

I thought it was because it was the most exposed part of the ship, relative to an albatrosses rear end.

goat starer

Quote from: Kiyoodle the Gambrinous on January 16, 2007, 12:16:25 AM
But yer losing yer ground t'ere!

Bart 'as beaten you in Frogger.

I remain t'e King of Tetris!!!!

Yaaaaaaaarrrrr!!!!

what ye must remember be that me com-put-er aboard me ship be currently Kaput. When it be fixed me men an oi'll be boarding yer rusty hulks an takin yer tetris and frogger crowns! The excise won't let me do any pillaging from prisn!

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara